At TasTAFE, we place our students at the centre of everything we do.
We celebrate the achievements of our students, as their success shows us that we are doing our job well – delivering quality teaching and learning, and preparing our students for employment.
We are proud to share some of our highlights over the past year…
Tasmanian Training Awards 2019
- Apprentice of the Year: Marek Porter (Certificate III in Electrotechnology – Electrician).
- VET Teacher/Trainer of the Year: Darren Scott (teacher Butchery, Drysdale).
- School-based Apprentice/Trainee of the Year: Daniel Ragg, (Certificate III in Electrotechnology – Electrician).
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Student of the Year: Djuker Willis-Hart (Certificate III in Guiding).
- Industry Collaboration Award: St Lukes Health with TasTAFE and MEGT.
- TasTAFE’s Manager Quality, Lyndene Bowen received the Trevor Leo medal for her outstanding contribution to VET.
Australian Training Awards 2019
- Excellence in Language, Literacy and Numeracy Practice Award: Debra Guntrip (teacher, Vocational Preparation).
45th Worldskills International Championships, Kazan, Russia
- TasTAFE-trained Cabinetmaker Joshua Boon represented Australia in Cabinet Making, finishing sixth in the world.
- TasTAFE Cabinet making teacher, Jai Maluga also went to Russia as an international expert in Cabinet making. He was also Joshua’s training manager in the lead up to the competitions.
NECA National Excellence Apprentice Awards
- Apprentice Industrial category: Marek Porter (Certificate III in Electrotechnology).
Australian Window Association and Australian Glass and Glazing Association Awards
- Tasmanian Apprentice of the Year: Dylan Johnson (Certificate III in Glass and Glazing).
Master Builders Tasmania Awards for Excellence
- Apprentice of the Year: Adam Gelston.
Australian Meat Industry Council Apprentice Butcher Competitions
- Jessica Bartles (Certificate III in Retail Butchery).
Study Tasmanian International Students Shine Awards
- International Student of the year for a TasTAFE student: Brian Lam (Advanced Diploma in Hospitality Management).
- International Education Staff Member of the Year Award: Barbara Marshall (teacher English Language Support).
World Butchers’ Challenge Tasmanian Finals
- Overall young butcher winner: Tom Patman (Apprentice competition winner: Jake Prestage).