Financial support and assistance
If you are experiencing financial difficulties that have the potential to prevent you from pursuing your study plans at TasTAFE, please make an appointment to speak with a Student Counsellor to discuss your options.
Student Counsellors are available in each region and can provide general information and advice in relation to financial hardship and what support might be available to you as a TasTAFE student. This may include:
- payment plans – available to eligible students at all course levels
- VET Student Loans – available to eligible students studying at Diploma/Advanced Diploma level
- scholarships – in partnership with industry/local government/community groups, TasTAFE offers a range of scholarships
- childcare subsidies – available for eligible students.
To make an appointment, please phone us on 1300 655 307, or drop into your closest Client Services office, and ask to speak with a Student Counsellor. Appointments are available face-to-face or over the phone if getting to campus is not an option.
A childcare subsidy may be available to TasTAFE students who require childcare to attend course-related activities.
The following guidelines apply:
- The subsidy is available to eligible TasTAFE students whose children require care, during timetabled classes or other course-required activities (for example work-placement or industry visits).
- You will need to provide evidence of attendance at your course activity.
- The subsidy is not means tested and is only paid for childcare provided by an approved/registered childcare service.
- The subsidy applies only to out-of-pocket costs, i.e. the amount paid, after the Australian Government Childcare Subsidy and Transition to Work (where applicable) has been calculated and subtracted.
- The subsidy paid will be up to 25% of your childcare cost and is capped at $400. Cap amounts may be subject to change without notice.
- You will need to organise your own childcare, pay the fees, and then present your receipts for the subsidy.
Please apply for the TasTAFE Childcare Subsidy at the commencement of your course by making an appointment with a Student Counsellor.
Note– funds available for the Child Care Subsidy are limited and subsidy approval is subject to available funds at the time of application, and your application being approved.