- Apply & Enrol
- Fees & Payments
- Recognition and credit transfer
- Student support
- Foundation and study skills
- Student services
Book a student support appointment
To help you access the support you need while you are studying off-campus, you can book an appointment with a Student Counsellor, Disability Liaison Officer, Aboriginal Support Officer, Course Counsellor or International Student Advisor. You can choose to talk with our Student Support team by phone, video-conference or email.
Can’t find an appointment time that suits you? Email to Student.Counselling.Services@TasTAFE.tas.edu.au and we will contact you to arrange a time.
If you are deaf, hearing or speech-impaired, and wish to book by phone please call the National Relay Service on 13 36 77 and then dial 1300 655 307. You can also access information and support via the National Relay Website.
Get ready for your appointment.
Online student support appointments are offered through video link via Microsoft Teams, by phone or by email.
If your appointment is by phone, your Student Support team member will ring you at the time of your appointment on the number you have provided when you made your booking.
We will call you as close to the time of appointment as possible. A second call will be made within 5 minutes if we cannot reach you at the first attempt. If we are unable to reach you at the time scheduled, an SMS will be sent requesting you to re-schedule.
Checklist for a phone appointment
- You have provided your contact number for the appointment
- Your device is on hand at the time of your appointment – mobile phone or landline
- You have enough battery to get through the conversation or a charger and plug in point to keep you going
- Sufficient phone reception
- You are in a private space where you can sit and talk during your appointment (no other people around) and where you won’t be interrupted.
If you’ve made a video link appointment, you will received an email with the details of the appointment (time and date) as well as a link to a Microsoft Teams meeting. Click on the link in your appointment email when your appointment time arrives.
Make sure your device has operating video and microphone features. If you do not have these available – or they do not work properly on the day of your video link appointment – you can still have an instant chat session or switch to phone counselling.
Checklist for a video link appointment
- You have a device available to access your online appointment (laptop, smartphone or mobile), which includes:
- a camera connected to/incorporated into your device (you can use the ‘audio only’ if you need to)
- a microphone connected to/or incorporated in your device
- You have good internet connection. Your internet quality can have a big impact on your session – if the video isn’t working, you can use the ‘audio only option,’ or instant chat feature.
- You have access to a private space where you can sit and talk during your appointment, and where you won’t be interrupted. Please note, places such as libraries, bus stops, communal kitchens and shared lounge rooms are not considered private spaces.
Note– it’s a good idea to provide a phone number (or email) in the ‘add your details’ section so that your Student Support team member can contact you if technology is not working smoothly on the day of your appointment.
If you prefer to use email, please use your TasTAFE email address if the support required is of a personal nature.
Log into your TasTAFE email via your student account. You can expect a response to your email within three working days.
Note– it’s a good idea to provide an alternative phone number or email address when you make your booking, so that we can contact you if technology is not working smoothly on the day of your appointment.
We will return your email enquiry within 3 working days.
Checklist for email enquiries
- You have provided your email address. Please use your TasTAFE email address if the support required is of a more personal nature. Log into this via your student account.
- You are able to wait 3 working days for your emailed response.