Apprenticeships and traineeships
Are you ready to grow your business?
Developing the capability for your business to grow is an important consideration for most employers, and employing an apprentice or trainee can be an effective and affordable way to help meet the demands of your business and increase productivity.
Australian Apprenticeships are a powerful way to create a competitive advantage, with real benefits to your business. Not only does taking on an apprentice or trainee allow you to bring a fresh, new perspective into your workplace, it also enables you to pass on specific skills and knowledge about your business to new employees through formal and informal mentoring by existing staff – ensuring that your corporate knowledge is not lost.
Employing an apprentice or trainee also provides the opportunity for you to future-proof your business by investing in customised training so that your apprentice or trainee develops the right skills and understanding for your business. You may also be eligible for financial incentives.
Training your apprentices and trainees with TasTAFE has a number of benefits, including:
- your employees will obtain a nationally recognised qualification while they continue to work in your business
- your employees receive training that is tailored to meet your business requirements
- eligible employers/employees can receive financial incentives which assist in meeting the cost of training (contact your local Apprenticeship Network Provider to get advice on the incentives that may apply to your situation)
- apprentices may be full-time, part-time, mature aged, existing employees or school-based
- training can be held when and where it suits your business – either on-the-job or off-the-job at one of our campuses or specialist training facilities located across Tasmania.
Frequently asked questions
For more information about Australian Apprenticeships and how employing an apprentice or trainee could help your business, contact our Apprenticeship Relationship team via email@example.com.