TasTAFE’s Student Counsellors are experienced and qualified counsellors who understand that personal matters can sometimes interfere with your ability to learn and/or complete your training.
Our service is free and confidential, and we will work with you to explore options and solutions to any personal or educational issues that may have an impact on your studies at TasTAFE.
Counselling services may include:
- working with you to overcome personal issues affecting your studies
- helping with strategies for coping with study stress, anxiety and depression
- linking you to study support
- providing advice and support if you are dealing with crisis and/or trauma
- providing information on financial assistance
- assisting with conflict resolution and problem solving
- providing advice and support for undertaking a grievance process
- advocating for your rights through TasTAFE
- connecting you with student support groups
- supporting you to understand your responsibilities within TasTAFE.
As part of our counselling services, we can also refer you to appropriate agencies when specialist or ongoing support is required in relation to:
- legal, health, accommodation, financial and welfare needs
- linking apprentices and trainees into the mentoring support available through your Apprenticeship Network Provider
- helping apprentices or trainees find the right support to address concerns around your training contract rights and responsibilities.
Online student support during the coronavirus period
Your safety and wellbeing is our top priority. To ensure you have the support you need while you are studying at home, we have moved all our student support appointments online.
Make an appointment with one of our Student Support staff members by calling 1300 655 307 or use our booking system to book an appointment online. Find out more about online appointments, including what you need to do to set up and get ready for an online appointment.
If you require immediate crisis support, please contact the 24/7 external support services available for Tasmanians.
There are a range of other external support services available, some of which are available 24 hours a day/seven days a week.
We value your feedback!
If you have used our support service recently, it would be great if you could spare a couple of minutes to complete our feedback survey. We will use your suggestions to adapt and improve our services.