A TasTAFE work placement is a period of learning in a real work environment that the majority of TasTAFE students undertake as part of their training.
Work placements are often a key requirement of a student’s course and can include a set number of work placement hours.
As a host employer, the workplace learning that you are able to provide for your student is a vital factor in the success of their training.
Benefits of having a work placement student from TasTAFE
Work placements allow students to apply the skills and knowledge they have acquired during their course in a real workplace or community project.
Work placements provide key learning opportunities, and more often than not, include assessment tasks that need to be completed during the work placement.
Hosting a work placement student can bring a number of benefits to your business, including:
- an opportunity to meet and mentor a potential employee
- seeing how the student fits in with your workplace culture, takes on challenges and demonstrates work-related skills
- an opportunity for you to provide the student with a valuable real-life learning experience, and the opportunity to apply and develop their skills
- a rewarding way to share your expertise and contribute to your industry
- an opportunity to develop training and coaching skills that may benefit your own staff
- the chance for work placement students to contribute their skills, enthusiasm and interest to your business and assist with specific projects.
If you are interested in hosting a work placement student, please give us a call on 1300 655 307 and let us know what industry experience you might be able to offer.