Certificate IV in Information Technology
Course overviewBack to Business & ICT
- Campbell Street
- North West
- Mixed Learning
Please note: The course overview is intended as a guide only. Not all courses are available at all locations or through all study types and attendance options. Please check Locations, Dates and Times below or enquire for further information.
Make the most of your critical thinking and problem-solving skills and take the next step in your ICT career with TasTAFE.
The Certificate IV in Information Technology (Networking) qualification provides the skills and knowledge for you to become competent in a wide range of technologies including installing and administering simple networks, servers, and client desktop systems either as an independent information and communications technology (ICT) specialist or as part of a team. You will learn in a blended classroom/online environment with real systems used in the industry.
In this course, you’ll gain transferrable skills and knowledge across four areas:
- Install and manage virtual machines and servers
- Install and operate small enterprise branch networks
- Install, configure and test and routers and internet protocol networks
- Cyber Security
- Manage network and data integrity
- Install, configure and test network security
- Monitor and administer security of ICT systems
- Programming and Web Development
- Troubleshoot errors in code
- Develop webpages using HTML and CSS
- Apply programming techniques using Python
- Technical Support
- Support small scale ICT projects
- Work collaboratively in the ICT industry
- Identify and resolve client ICT problems
On successful completion of this course, you will be equipped to apply for range of in-demand IT job roles including ICT Technician, Technical Support Officer, Network Administrator and Network Support Officer. It will also prepare you with the skills you need to undertake further study in a number of ICT qualifications at Diploma level or above.
Interested in starting this course?
- Computer Technician
- Network Administrator
- Technical Support Officer
- Customer Support Officer
- Network Operations Technician