TasTAFE International Student Ambassador Program 2021
Welcome to the TasTAFE International Student Ambassador Program 2021.
Launched in 2019, the TasTAFE International Student Ambassador Program is run by the Department of Education (Government Education Training International) and TasTAFE.
The Tasmanian International Student Ambassador program provides opportunities for student ambassadors to represent TasTAFE and Government Education and Training International at special events and student activities, as well as help host international delegations – all while enjoying the lifestyle that Tasmania has to offer.
Ambassadors are selected for their exceptional leadership potential, so, if you are successful, you’ll have the opportunity to participate in employability workshops, citizenship ceremonies and other events aimed at developing your leadership, networking and communication skills.
To be eligible for a TasTAFE International Student Ambassador role, you will need to be:
- be enrolled in a program of study at TasTAFE – students from all courses are welcome!
- be a first year or second year TasTAFE student
- be able to commit at least 20 hours per semester.
Your application to become a TasTAFE International Student Ambassador will be evaluated by your responses to the following selection criteria:
- you have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- you are passionate about representing TasTAFE.
- you are passionate about enhancing TasTAFE students experience.
Please ensure you cover these selection criteria in your application.
How to apply
To apply for a TasTAFE International Student Ambassador role, you will need to submit your application to Anh Dinh, Marketing Officer, Government Education and Training International, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please ensure the following documents are attached in either PDF or Word format:
- a copy of your resume (2 pages maximum) listing your skills and any work or volunteer experience
- written application (300 words maximum) explaining:
- why you want to apply for this role
- what will you do if you become a TasTAFE International Student Ambassador
- what skills and experience can you bring to this role.
IMPORTANT: All applications must be submitted by 11:59pm on Monday, 15 March 2021.
Selection process timeline
February 2021: Application open
Monday, 15 March 2021: Application close
Late-March 2021: Interviews conducted
Late-March 2021: Applicants notified of outcome
Marketing Officer, Government Education Training International
phone: (03) 6165 6405