Students completing an enrolment by phone will be asked to agree and consent to the following Privacy Notice and Student Declaration and Consent.
Under the Personal Information Protection Act 2004 (Tas), TasTAFE is a custodian of personal information and subject to the requirements of that Act in regard to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. TasTAFE collects your personal information in order to enable it to perform its functions and activities.
Under the Data Provision Requirements 2012 (Cth), TasTAFE is required to collect personal information about you and to disclose that personal information to the National Centre for Vocational Education Research Ltd (NCVER).
Your personal information (including the personal information contained on this enrolment form and your training activity data) may be used or disclosed by TasTAFE for statistical, regulatory and research purposes. TasTAFE may disclose your personal information for these purposes to third parties, including:
- School – if you are a secondary student undertaking VET, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship;
- Employer – if you are enrolled in training paid by your employer;
- Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies;
- Organisations conducting student surveys; and
Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed for the following purposes:
- Issuing a VET Statement of Attainment or VET Qualification, and populating Authenticated VET Transcripts;
- facilitating statistics and research relating to education, including surveys;
- understanding how the VET market operates, for policy, workforce planning and consumer information; and
- administering VET, including program administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation.
You may receive an NCVER student survey which may be administered by an NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor. You may opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
NCVER will collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), the VET Data Policy and all NCVER policies and protocols (including those published on NCVER’s website).
Student Declaration and Consent
I understand that TasTAFE, by law, must hold a Unique Student Identifier for each student undertaking nationally accredited training. I provide TasTAFE permission to search for my USI and I acknowledge and agree to the USI Privacy Statement available to me at www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/usi.
If, and for so long as my education and training is paid for by a parent, guardian or sponsor, or I am under a training contract with an employer, I consent to the release by TasTAFE of information relevant to my progress and results to such parent, guardian, sponsor or employer.
I agree to adhere to the relevant Student Code of Conduct, By-Laws, the Department of Education’s Conditions of Use Policy and TasTAFE’s Student Internet Usage Conditions.
I consent to TasTAFE contacting me on my mobile phone and by email in accordance with the contact details provided on this form.
I declare that the information I have provided to the best of my knowledge is true and correct.
I consent to the collection, use and disclosure of my personal information in accordance with the Privacy Notice above.