TLILIC2001 Licence to operate a forklift truck
The purpose of the Forklift course is to provide the underpinning knowledge and skills to safely operate a forklift truck. It will prepare the participant for a National High Risk Work Licence (Forklift Truck) issued by Workplace Standards Tasmania.
Participants will learn:
- To perform pre-operation checks
- To plan the work
- To check controls on equipment
- About shifting and stacking the load
- To perform loading and unloading
- To shut down the equipment
- To secure the site.
Successful participants are able to apply for a National High Risk Work Licence (Forklift truck) as issued by Workplace Standards Tasmania under the Work Health & Safety Act 2012.
Funding assistance is available from the Tasmanian Building & Construction Training Board (TBCITB) for those that qualify under eligibility criteria. For more information visit tbcitb.com.au.
This Licence is valid for 5 years and will then require renewal. See below:
- You’ll need to renew your licence every 5 years. WorkSafe Tasmania will post you a renewal notice, to the address you have registered with us.
- If you do not receive your renewed licence within 60 days of your application, you’ll need to call WorkSafe.
- You cannot perform high risk work while your licence has expired.
- Re-assessment is required if you do not renew your licence within this 12 months.
PLEASE NOTE: Register early as places are limited! Maximum number is 6.
Courses are run subject to demand. To register call 1300 655 307.
3 days, Wednesday to Friday – 8am to 4.30pm
F Block, Clarence Campus, Bounty Street, Warrane
- 14 – 16 February 2018
- 21 – 23 May 2018
- 30 May – 1 June 2018
- 4 – 6 July 2018
- 8 – 10 August 2018
- 12 – 14 September 2018
- 21 – 23 November 2018
3 days, Monday to Wednesday – 8am to 4.30pm
I Block, Alanvale Campus, Alanvale Road, Newnham
- 29 – 31 January 2018
- 19 – 21 March
- 7 – 9 May
- 28 – 30 May
- 23 – 25 July
- 13 – 15 August
- 24 – 26 September
- 22 – 24 October
- 3 – 5 December
Freer Farm, Burnie
3 days, Tuesday to Thursday – 8am to 4.30pm
Freer Farm, 128 – 206 Mooreville Road, Burnie
- 27 February – 1 March 2018
- 1 – 3 May 2018
- 26 – 28 June 2018
- 11 – 13 September 2018
- 30 October – 1 November 2018
If you have experience in operating a Forklift we may be able to offer you “assessment only” utilizing a log book, or we may be able to reduce the training you may require. Please contact us to discuss these operations.
Participants must be from 18 years of age and comply with the requirements outlined in the application for high risk work (GF083) published by Workplace Standards Tasmania and have a satisfactory level of literacy and numeracy.
You MUST wear protective work wear (safety boots and Hi Vis clothing) for the practical assessment.
These need to be supplied by the student.
2018: $731 per person
This does not include the licence fee payable upon successful completion at Service Tasmania.
Course prices for single employer groups are negotiable.
A Statement of Attainment for unit listed below and an interim licence to Perform High Risk Work (Forklift Truck).