AHCARB205A Chainsaw Operations
Gain the knowledge and skills to efficiently operate a chainsaw and reduce your risk of injury. We will show you how to better understand your chainsaw and teach you the maintenance skills needed to keep it operating at its very best.
Participants will learn:
- About chainsaw components, their ancillary equipment and functions.
- Proper maintenance, storage and transporting procedures.
- To prepare and use chainsaw aids and equipment safely.
- To identify and demonstrate safety requirements for chainsaw operations as well as safe, effective work practices and procedures
Please note: If you are an employer, this course may also be delivered at your workplace at a time that is suitable to you and your staff.
Please register your interest by calling 1300 655 307
- Next Course: March 2018 (Dates to be advised)
Alanvale Campus – maximum 6 – 8.30am to 4pm
- 14 & 15 February 2018
- 21 & 22 March 2018
- 18 & 19 April 2018
- 9 & 10 May 2018
- 6 & 7 June 2018
- 4 & 5 July 2018
- 15 & 16 August 2018
- 5 & 6 September 2018
- 17 & 18 October 2018
- 14 & 15 November 2018
- 2018 dates to be advised
Approx. $460 per person plus TFITB licence fee ($150) if required. (course prices for single employer groups are negotiable).
You must wear steel capped safety boots (lace-up) and if possible personal safety equipment, which can be supplied if necessary.
Some chainsaw experience would be an advantage but it is not essential.
A Statement of Attainment for selected unit listed below.