AMP20116 Certificate II in Meat Processing (Food Services)
AMP20116 Certificate II in Meat Processing (Food Services) provides basic practical training and theoretical knowledge aimed at people intending to pursue a career within the Meat Industry.
The program allows participants to acquire and apply competencies required for safe, effective work practices within the meat industry.
This is a fantastic introduction and opportunity for those seeking employment within the Meat industry – with this certificate being a great stepping stone into various Certificate III in Meat Processing qualifications including Retail Butchery, Smallgoods or Abattoir.
Successful completion of the Pre-employment Butchery Course will provide students with a great stepping stone into various Certificate III in Meat Processing qualifications including;
- Retail Butchery,
- Smallgoods and
Employment opportunities are generally available in butcheries, smallgoods enterprises, supermarkets, meat processing plants and other meat establishments.
Dates and Times
Drysdale Campus, Hobart
Delivered at Hobart Showgrounds
- Next Intake: Dates to be advised
- Duration: 8 Weeks, full-time, Monday to Thursday – 8am to 4.30pm / Friday – 8am to 1pm
- Information Session: Tuesday, 26 June 2018 – anytime between 4pm and 6pm
- Venue: Drysdale Campus – Hobart, 59 Collins Street, Hobart
- Training Venue: Drysdale Meat Processing, Hobart Showgrounds, 2 Howard Road, Glenorchy
- Class places are limited to 14 so call us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest.
- Applicants will need to participate in our initial interview process.
A range of assessment methods are used which may include;
- Written answers to questions
- Verbal questioning.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Resources and Equipment
Solid work boots; food-graded protective coat and apron.
Workplace protective equipment will be supplied.
TasTAFE will supply you with knives, holders, mesh gloves, mesh aprons and armguards while you are doing the course. Please bring pens and paper with you.
Fees and Payments
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Successful completion of 14 units is required to gain this qualification, consisting of 6 core units and 8 elective units.