AMP20116 Certificate II in Meat Processing (Food Services)
AMP20116 – Certificate II in Meat Processing (Food Services) provides basic practical training and theoretical knowledge aimed at people intending to pursue a career within the meat industry.
The course allows participants to acquire and apply competencies required for safe, effective work practices. This is a fantastic introduction and opportunity for those seeking employment within the meat industry.
This course may lead to career opportunities in the following areas:
- Retail butchery
- Meat processing plants
Location, Dates and Times
Drysdale Campus, Hobart
Delivered at Hobart Showgrounds
- Next Intake: 2019 – Dates to be advised
- Duration: 8 Weeks, full-time, Monday to Thursday – 8am to 4.30pm / Friday – 8am to 1pm
- Information Session: Wednesday, 28 November 2018 – anytime between 4pm and 6.30pm
- Venue: Drysdale Campus, 59 Collins Street, Hobart
- Training Venue: Drysdale Meat Processing, Hobart Showgrounds, 2 Howard Road, Glenorchy
- Class places are limited to 14 so call us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest.
- Applicants will need to participate in our initial interview process.
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Examples of assessments for this course may include:
- Written answers to questions
- Verbal questioning
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster. For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For fee and payment information relating to TasTAFE qualifications, please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
What will I need to bring?
- Solid work boots; food-graded protective coat and apron.
- Pens and paper with you.
TasTAFE will supply you with workplace protective equipment, knives, holders, mesh gloves, mesh aprons and armguards while you are doing the course.
There are no essential requirements for this course.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
AMP20116 – Certificate II in Meat Processing (Food Services).
Successful completion of 14 units is required to gain this qualification, consisting of 6 core units and 8 elective units.