Great news, this course is included in Fee-Free TAFE.
To be eligible for a Fee-Free place you must be:
- a resident of Tasmania or working in Tasmania
- an Australian or New Zealand citizen, an Australian permanent resident, an eligible VISA holder, and
- of working age
Please see the Eligibility criteria below to check if you're eligible.
Fee-Free TAFE and vocational education is a joint initiative of the Australian and Tasmania Governments providing tuition-free training places to students wanting to train, retrain or upskill.
Assist Clients with Medication Skill Set
Course overviewBack to Health & Community Services
- North West
- Short course
- Mixed Learning
- Subsidised $ 380.00
- Concession* $ 126.65
- Commercial $ 1,810.00
- Fee-Free TAFE NO FEE
- Fees & payment guide
Please note: The course overview is intended as a guide only. Not all courses are available at all locations or through all study types and attendance options. Please check Locations, Dates and Times below or enquire for further information.
Gain the skills and knowledge you need to safely assist clients with medication.
This course is suited to individuals that hold a qualification at Certificate III level or higher in an area involving provision of direct client care or support, or are working in various care and support roles in health care settings and who wish to develop skills in assisting clients with medication.
In this 6-week online course (plus one face-to-face on campus practical assessment) you will learn how to safely assist a person with medication administration. You will also learn about:
- commonly used medications and potential side effects
- the safe administration of oral medication, drops, lotions and creams and the relationship between medications and body systems
- medication administration legislation and guidelines for the residential, community and disability settings.
Successful completion of this skill set will qualify you to assist clients with medication in a range of health care settings.
This skill set consists of the following units:
- HLTHPS006 – Assist Clients with Medication and
- HLTAAP001 – Recognise Healthy Body Systems
Talk to us about how we can customise this skill set for your employees or business.
Locations, dates & times
|Clarence||17 Apr 2023 -|
27 Oct 2023
Recommended for people already working in industry or studying to enter industry and will require this qualifiaction. Study online at your own pace
|Mixed Learning||Enquire now|