Novel coronavirus (COVID-19) – student and staff updates
All TasTAFE staff and students are asked to refer to this page for any impacts to TasTAFE training facilities as a result of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
08.15am: Tuesday, 1 December 2020.
As we have seen with the South Australian outbreak, the COVID-19 situation can change very quickly.
Contact tracing is critical to containing a potential COVID-19 outbreak, and we must all play our part. The more easily we can provide details of who was present on our sites on any given day, the more quickly Public Health can trace people to contain a potential outbreak. Make sure you find a check in terminal when you arrive at a TasTAFE site and tap your TasTAFE Student ID card to register your attendance once per day, for each site visited.
Be COVID-Safe at TasTAFE
Everyone who attends a TasTAFE facility MUST comply with all COVID-19 instructions:
- Check in to each TasTAFE location you visit once per day for contact tracing purposes - use your Student ID card at one of the onsite Check In Terminals, or enter your details manually if you do not have a Student ID card.
- Do not attend a TasTAFE facility:
- if you feel unwell, even if symptoms are only mild
- if you have a runny, itchy or blocked nose, sneezing, itchy, sore and watery eyes, a cough or a sore throat
- if you have been instructed to self-isolate or quarantine and your isolation period has not yet finished
- if you have tested positive to COVID-19.
- Maintain a physical distance of at least 1.5 metres from others.
- Ensure the number of persons present in a single space does not exceed the posted room capacity/area limit. If no signs are visible, capacity must not exceed 1 person per 4 square metres.
- Leave all furniture where it is.
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly (especially after coughing, sneezing or blowing your nose) or use hand sanitiser.
- Use a tissue (or flexed elbow if a tissue is not available) to cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze, dispose of the tissue in the rubbish.
Campus and training facility update
- TasTAFE co-located facilities with the University of Tasmania in Hunter Street (Hobart) and Inveresk (Launceston) are not yet open.
- TasTAFE's Launceston Campus is now closed and all students have moved to Alanvale with the exception of Nursing students at Wellington Square who will move to Alanvale later in the year.
At a glance
- Keeping you safe: TasTAFE has a COVIDSafety Plan in place to ensure the health and wellbeing of all students and staff on campus – which includes considerations for maximum room capacities, social distancing requirements and cleaning of shared equipment.
- Contract tracing: in the event we have a COVID incident onsite, we will undertake contact tracing for all people who were on that campus or training facility.
- Student attendance: TasTAFE campuses and training facilities now have Check In Terminals installed for you to register your physical attendance each day you are on campus. You must log your entry with your Student ID card, or manually via the touch screen if you don’t have a Student ID card.
- TasTAFE libraries are open across the state for borrowing, browsing and returning books, as well as for booking study spaces and using the library computers. Book a computer or study space online through the library website https://library.tastafe.tas.edu.au.
- Visitors and contractors: all visitors and contractors must manually check in at an Check In Terminal, at Client Services, or at a Facilities Office at a TasTAFE campus or training facility. You must also check out when you leave the site.
- Client Services offices: opening hours across the state are Monday – Wednesday (8:30am – 4:30pm), Thursdays (10:00am – 5:00pm), and Fridays (8:30am – 4:00pm).
- Cash payments: are no longer accepted. If you wish to pay your invoice in cash, you will need to go to a Service Tasmania or a Westpac branch and pay directly to our bank account, or pay by credit card, EFTPOS, cheque or online via BPay or Direct Credit. All other transactions will also need to be made by EFTPOS.
- Get tested if you have symptoms.
- If you are feeling sick, you must let your teacher know.
- Do not come onto a TasTAFE campus if you are unwell.
- PDF File 26 November - TasTAFE update on Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Students 986.3 KB
- MS Word Document 26 November - TasTAFE update on Coronavirus (COVID-19) - Students 1.4 MB
- PDF File October - TasTAFE update on Coronavirus (COVID–19) - Employers 893.9 KB
- MS Word Document October - TasTAFE update on Coronavirus (COVID–19) - Employers 1.5 MB
- PDF File 2020 Apprentice training plan - September 2020 775.9 KB
A list of useful resources are available from the Tasmanian Government's coronavirus website.