TasTAFE’s Launceston Campus Relocation to Alanvale
During 2020, TasTAFE is exiting the Launceston Campus buildings in Paterson and Wellington Streets and moving northern courses currently located at Launceston to our existing Alanvale Campus.
This is an exciting step which will centralise TasTAFE’s offerings in one refurbished, modernised campus. The move means Alanvale Campus will receive $4 million-worth of upgrades and refurbishments, benefitting all students located at the site.
Alanvale main foyer and reception area
Alanvale library learning hub
TasTAFE Facilities Master Plan
The move is a proactive decision made by the TasTAFE Executive as part of their long-term master plan for improving their facilities and student experiences.
Alanvale is already home to the vast majority of TasTAFE’s training in the North. Around 5000 enrolments are based at Alanvale and it is a major hub for apprentice training. Existing facilities at the site include carpentry and cabinetmaking, metals, automotive and electrotechnology workshops, hairdressing salons, music and sound production studios, fashion, graphic design and digital media training facilities.
Courses now located at Alanvale
- Vocational preparation courses – all northern vocational preparation courses are now located at Alanvale Campus.
- English language courses – all northern English Language courses are now located at Alanvale Campus.
- Business courses – all northern Business courses are now located at Alanvale Campus.
- ICT courses – all northern ICT courses are now located at Alanvale Campus.
Courses located at Launceston
- Nursing, Aged Care and Disability courses – courses will continue to operate from the Wellington Square buildings until the new state of the art Nursing, Aged Care and Disability facilities (including workplace simulation rooms) are ready at Alanvale later in 2020.
- Drysdale courses at Paterson Street –Drysdale courses currently located at Paterson Street remain at this location and are not impacted. Drysdale Campus Launceston will remain in its current location.
- Creative Industries courses at Inveresk – creative industries courses currently co-located with the University of Tasmania at Inveresk remain in this location and are not impacted. (*Please note that Inveresk campus is currently closed until further notice due to COVID-19)
- Courses currently offered at Alanvale Campus – courses currently offered at Alanvale Campus remain at Alanvale.