AHCMOM212 Quad Bike Training
Quad bikes are commonplace on farms. However each year, on average, there are 15 fatalities associated with using quad bikes in the Australian rural industry sector.
These statistics are alarming and as a result Workplace Standards Tasmania has adopted a policy of zero tolerance for breaches of duty of care responsibilities with regards to quad bikes.
This course provides the skills and knowledge required to safely operate quad bikes and is suitable for beginners through to more experienced riders. All training is underpinned by WHS principles and legislative requirements.
Participants will learn:
- About pre-start checks and basic maintenance.
- How to turn, swerve and make an emergency stop.
- About safe operation on a range of terrains, around obstacles and in different conditions.
- To use 4WD, low range and diff locks.
- Loading and securing practices for transporting.
Please register your interest as course dates are set subject to demand. This course is offered Statewide.
Delivered in the Workplace
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
- No further dates are currently scheduled
Please contact us to arrange quad bike training delivered in your workplace / on the job.
You must be 16 years of age or older.
You must wear an approved motorcycle helmet, gloves, eye protection and sturdy footwear with all skin covered.
2018 – $142 per person (with own Quad Bike which must be cleaned and in good working condition).
A Statement of Attainment for selected unit listed below.