AHC41316 Certificate IV in Wool Classing
Are you passionate about a career in THE WOOL INDUSTRY?
For a AHC41316 Certificate IV in Wool Classing you will need sound literacy skills and the ability to perform and comprehend basic numeric calculations and measures.
Wool classing can be a physically demanding job, requiring you to handle and work with wool for an eight hour working day. A reasonable level of fitness is required and an enjoyment of a rural lifestyle is important.
You will need to be able to travel to and from wool growing properties which can be located significant distances from city areas.
If you have no prior experience in shearing sheds, you will need to take some additional work placement time to familiarise yourself with wool clip preparation and wool handling.
This course would suit:
- People who have had some prior experience in wool sheds, or wool growing properties
- People looking for a career or wanting to re-train for work in a rural environment
- People who need to prepare their own wool at shearing
- People who have a related Certificate II or Certificate III qualification
This course may lead to the following career opportunities:
- Wool classer
- Wool shed work
- Other wool related occupations – e.g. wool broker / buyer
Location, Dates and Times
- Next Intake: 14 February – 22 November 2019
- Duration: A series of 2 day workshops throughout the year along with practical work in shearing sheds regularly through the year
- Venue: G Block, Alanvale Campus, Alanvale Road, Newnham
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
This course may be delivered via the following study modes:
- On campus/work placement
A personal learning plan will be negotiated with you prior to this. Your learning plan will determine how and when you progress through the program.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For fee and payment information relating to TasTAFE qualifications, please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Students must either be employed in shearing industry or have had experience in the industry and have access to a shearing shed to complete practical component of training (options can be discussed with teacher)
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
You will need to provide us with some information about your interests and needs.
This will help us to determine what, if any, additional support may be needed or to provide you with further career path advice.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
AHC41316 Certificate IV in Wool Classing.
A total of twelve (12) core units must be successfully achieved to complete this qualification.