10728NAT Certificate II in Spoken and Written English
10728NAT Certificate II in Spoken and Written English is for people who have completed 10727NAT – Certificate I in Spoken and Written English or who have developed some skills in spoken and written English.
Learning is based around settlement themes including:
- Health system
- News/Current Affairs
- Australian community
- Work readiness
Classes are tailored to the individual and group needs so that students can meet their language and participation goals, while working towards completion of the certificate. A variety of different types of activities is used each day to ensure that different learning styles are catered for.
- Explicit teaching
- Role plays
- Class discussions
- Audio-visual resources (DVDs, CDs, etc.)
- Guest speakers
- Technology assisted language learning
Location, dates and times
Campbell Street Campus
- Classes run each of the 4 terms for 2019
- Next Intake (Term 1): 6 February 2019
- Duration: Monday to Thursday – 9am to 2:40pm
- Visit us on level 3, 75 Campbell St to register your interest for the AMEP* Program Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm, OR Contact us on 1300 655 307
*TasTAFE delivers the AMEP Program in the South only.
Max Solutions Pty Ltd is the AMEP provider in the North and Northwest.
The Adult Migrant English Program (AMEP) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education and Training
- Term 2 Dates: 29 April – 28 June 2019 – Information Flyer
- Duration: 4 days per week, 16 hours per week
- Delivery of course offerings are dependent on the number of students registered.
- Only student enrolled prior to the start of term will be able to attend class.
This course is delivered on campus. Excursions into the local area are used to provide practical experiences in which learners can practise English and develop knowledge of, and confidence in, their new environment.
Examples of assessments for this course may include:
- Written short answer
- Verbal questioning
- Written assignments
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning page.
Fees and Payments
For further fee and payment information visit our Fees and Payment page.
There are no essential entry requirements for this course.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available at our Student Support Services page.
10728NAT – Certificate II in Spoken and Written English.