Fee-free Infection Control Training
To support the reopening of customer-facing businesses in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Australian Government and state and territory governments have established an $80 million Infection Control Training Fund to fast-track fee-free infection control training.
Participants will learn a range of skills, including:
- Hand hygiene practices
- Effective surface cleaning
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Disposal of contaminated waste
- Hazard identification, control and reporting
- Appropriate protocols and responses in the event of an incident
- Knowledge regarding the basis of infection and transmission
Fee-free places are available across Tasmania for the following three skill sets:
- HLTSS00065 – Infection Control Skill Set (Retail)
- HLTSS00066 – Infection Control Skill Set (Food Handling)
- HLTSS00067 – Infection Control Skill Set (Transport and Logistics).