Short Course Working with Children and Adolescents with a Disability
Working with Children and Adolescents with a Disability?
Clarence Campus, 4a Bounty Street, Warrane
Launceston Campus, Cnr Paterson & Wellington Streets, Launceston
Northwest, Devonport Campus, 20 Valley Road, Devonport
Looking to increase your knowledge and skills in the vital areas of autism, behaviour, and using augmentative and alternative communicate strategies?
This skill set is designed for support workers, integrations aids, teachers, parents and families, or anyone with an interest in the area.
You will explore the relationship between autism, communication and behaviour. You will have the opportunity to work with and hear from a range of service providers, therapist, and parents.
These workshops are an opportunity to increase skills and knowledge and gain an understanding of the issues and challenges in providing services to children and adolescents with autism.
There are 3 accredited units that will be delivered through workshops:
- CHCCCS024 Support individuals with autism spectrum disorder
- CHCDIS004 Communicate using augmentative and alternative communication
- CHCDIS002 Follow established person centred behaviour support
Participants will be required to commit to 10 x 5 hour workshops:
- Watch this space – 2018 dates coming soon!
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
Cost: $337 per person
Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest