Short Course WHS Committee Training
Work Health and Safety (WHS) is about ensuring safe and healthy working conditions, and preventing illness and injury in the workplace.
This course will give participants the knowledge and skills to participate in a health and safety committee as stated under the Work Health and Safety Act 2012. Understand the role of the committee and its members and perform as an effective committee member by identifying hazards, assessing risks and developing risk controls, and investigating accidents
This course is ideal for businesses wishing to train groups of staff. Date and locations can be negotiated for groups of staff.
Participants will learn:
- the basics of WHS legislation.
- the principles of hazard identification, risk assessment and control.
- about accident causation and prevention.
- an approach to effective meetings.
Dates and Times
- Available on demand if sufficient numbers. Dates are negotiable for groups of staff.
- Duration: 1 day
- Venue: This course is offered throughout Tasmania at your workplace or at the Hobart, Launceston, Devonport or Burnie Campuses.
- To express your interest call 1300 655 307 to register
- This course can be tailored to an organisation’s requirements and held at your workplace at a time to suit you.
- Contact us for a quote
- A Statement of Attendance.