Short Course Weed Workshop
TasTAFE are holding a 2 day weed course.
This course will benefit Spray Contractors, Care groups, Council employees, Land Managers and anyone working in weed control.
Why is this course good for you!
It will increase your knowledge of weeds:
- There will be lots of weed specimens on hand for you to identify. Learn techniques to aid in recognition of weeds.
- What is integrated Pest Management and how can you reduce the use of chemicals?
- Find out about various treatment methods and application techniques; what works best for your target.
- Do you have the right permit and aware of legislation relevant to weeds?
- Weed mapping
- How do weeds spread and reproduce? What stage of their life can they produce seed? Why are they so successful?
- What weeds are a priority when implementing your control methods?
- Why is hygiene so important?
- What can you spray near waterways?
- Are you using the right herbicide for the job?
- Spray records……yes they are important!
- 23 & 24 August 2017 – 9am to 3pm
- Venue: E Block, Burnie Campus, Mooreville Road, Burnie
- Cost: $300 per person
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register
Statement of Attainment for AHCPMG201 Treat Weeds