Program Vocational Taster
Vocational Taster Program
This Taster Program gives a practical experience in a range of vocational learning areas.
Tasters change term by term and students choose one per term. Details below for current term available.
Areas may include hospitality, tourism and accommodation services, textiles, art and design, business, or trade areas such as construction, automotive, metal fabrication.
The program will include:
- Practicing employability skills
- Developing personal confidence
- Recording information and reflecting on own performance
- Basic Work Health & Safety
- Increasing knowledge of vocational tasks, equipment and terminology
Location, dates and times
Taster Option Term 1, 2019: Photo Blogging
This introductory level course operates over 6 sessions (6 x Wednesdays) during Term 1, 2019. Students will develop skills in taking photographs with smart phones or digital cameras, then compose, manipulate and edit their images as well as learn some basic tips in uploading and creating a basic Blog.
BSBDES201 Follow a design process
ICTWEB201 Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement
- Start Date: 6 March – 3 April 2019 – Places are still available
- Duration: 6 sessions, Wednesdays, 9.30am to 2.30pm
- Venue: Inveresk Campus /Academy of the Arts (except final date 3 April, this will be in Room C2.27, Alanvale Campus)
- Cost: FREE
- Call 1300 655 307 to register your interest as numbers may be limited
In class delivery and practical experience