Short Course Vertical Rescue
This nationally recognised course in Vertical Rescue is designed to assist employers and employees who may be required to perform rope rescue to rescue injured personnel. The course is a mix of 25% theory content and 75 % class participation. Assessment consists of written responses to questions and observation of practical skills.
Participants will learn:
- Breaking strains
- Casualty assessment and packaging
- Emergency management and interagency arrangements
- Equipment characteristics
- Operation of high lines (span line, Tyrolean etc.)
- Operational briefing and debriefing procedures
- Organisational procedures for cleaning and discarding equipment in terms of environmental management and sustainability
- Organisational procedures for operating vertical rescue equipment
- Personal hygiene protocols
- Principles of suspension trauma
- Reconnaissance techniques
- Relevant legislation
- Relevant workplace health and safety (WH&S) principles and practices
- Safe working loads of equipment
Dates and times
- Please note: courses will only proceed with sufficient numbers – minimum 4 / maximum 10
- Duration: 16 hours plus Working with Heights if applicable
- Venue: At a suitable work site, where a Tower or suitable apparatus is accessible OR Alanvale Campus, Newnham
- For bookings and further information call 1300 655 307.
- Please note: If you are an employer, this course may also be delivered at your workplace at a time that is suitable to you and your staff.
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
Students must have completed unit RIIWHS204D Work Safely at Heights before being accepted into this course.
$1,250 per person. Course prices for single employer groups are negotiable.
Please note: Funding assistance is available from the Tasmanian Building & Construction Industry Training Board (TBCITB) for those that qualify under eligibility criteria. For more information see the Application Form and the TBCITB website.
PUAEME001B Emergency First Aid OR HLTFA211A
A Statement of Attainment for selected units:
- PUASAR032A Undertake Vertical Rescue
- PUASAR022A Participate in Rescue Operations
- PUAEME001B Emergency First Aid or HLTFA211A
A TasTAFE Competency Card.