Short Course The Industry & Mining Induction (TIMI)
The Industry & Mining Induction (TIMI)
- TIMI is a flexible, low cost, online workplace safety induction program based on a generic core, with online assessments and learning resources.
- Assessments are supervised by approved Assessment Supervisors who are available at various locations around the state.
- Alternatively, if you are an employer, Assessment Supervisors can be approved for your workplace in order to supervise your employees at a time that is suitable for you and your staff.
- Participants will learn occupational health and safety practices/procedures applicable to all areas of work, including surface work, underground, production and processing areas.
- In order to ensure awareness of current Work Health and Safety requirements, and to maintain induction currency, participants must re-sit the TIMI Induction every 2 years.
- Generic Core & General Induction
- Generic Underground Induction
- Site Specific General Inductions
- Site Specific Underground Inductions
Topics Covered Include:
- Legislative Requirements
- Colour Coding & Signage
- Tagging & Isolation
- Managing Hazards
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Traffic & Mobile Equipment
- Emergency Procedures
- Health & Hygiene
You must provide proof of identification e.g. drivers licence.
- $60 at worksites with approved Assessment Supervisors (invigilators)
- $60 at approved TasTAFE sites
- TIMI Report outlining all assessments successfully completed
- TIMI Workplace Safety Induction Card.