NONM0894A Testing and Verification for Electricians
This is a commercial, non-accredited, practical course. There are 8 CPD points available for eligible candidates.
The course has minimal theoretical content and will increase the testing and verification capacity of candidates by practical demonstrations and hands on practical exercises.
The aim is to refresh the skills and knowledge of electricians in the following trade areas:
- Gain familiarity with Section 8 of AS/NZS3000
- Understand the mandatory tests required for an electrical installation
- Practice Testing and Verification on simulated installations using real equipment and the candidate’s own tools and test instruments
- Tips and pointers on how to efficiently and safely Test and Verify
- Produce a comprehensive record of Testing and Verification to enable the completion of relevant sections of the CEC and to comply with Tasmanian Electrical Regulatory Requirements
- Discuss the common causes for Defective Electrical Work Notice (DEWN previously known as an NDI) and how effective Testing and Verification can help
- Tips and pointers for a network analyser instrument
- Assessment is by practical completion of Testing and Verification records and identification of a number of faults on the TasTAFE Test Boards
The training product is ideal for:
- Electrical practitioners who want to refresh their testing and verification skills
- Electrical contracting businesses who wish to provide relevant and technical training products for their electrical employees
Location, dates and times
2019: The courses will be offered over 2 evenings – Days to be advised – 4.30pm to 8.30pm at:
Campbell Street Campus, 75 Campbell Street, Hobart
Alanvale Campus, Alanvale Road, Newnham
Burnie Campus, Mooreville Road, Burnie
Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest. Workshops are limited to 8 participants.
This course is delivered on campus.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning page.
Fees and Payments
2019: $444 for each participant. A concession rate is not available for this course.
Limited funding may be available to eligible candidates on application to TBCITB.
What will I need to bring?
Candidates should bring the following to the course:
- Minimum PPE including safety footwear and eye protection
- Hand tools including pliers, screwdrivers etc. Cordless electric tools are not required
- Insulation tester
- Network Analyser instrument, if available
- Current edition of AS/NZS3000 including Amendments
- Notebook and pen/pencil
- Calculator- phone app is fine
- Copy of a testing and verification sheet or guideline as used at the candidate’s workplace
Candidates must hold a current Tasmanian Electrical Practitioners Licence- otherwise known as an ‘A Grade’ Licence.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available at our Student Support Services page.
A Statement of Attendance.