NONM0792A Test and Tag Using a Portable Appliance Tester (PAT)
This short course provides training in the inspection and testing of single phase portable electrical appliances as well as single phase extension cords using a PAC 3760 Plus Portable Appliance Tester. Equipment found to be in safe working order is then tagged to comply with current Australian Standards. This enables employers to meet duty of care obligations under current state legislation.
This course includes the testing of simple 240V items such as:
- Portable Appliances
- Extension leads
- Powered hand tools
- Portable RCDs
People with this qualification work in areas such as construction, manufacturing, mining, maintenance, equipment hire, accommodation and stores management.
This course does not include repair of appliances or cords, or testing of 3 phase appliances.
Participants will learn:
- The methods that are used to reduce the risk of fire and electric shocks in electrical appliances.
- About the effects of electric shock on the body.
- To test electrical appliances, identify insulation resistance and earth continuity faults using a portable appliance tester.
- To apply the requirements of AS3760 to their workplace situation.
- Tag tested cord connected apparatus and cord assemblies and document testing activities.
- Courses will only proceed with sufficient numbers.
- This unit is non accredited training and is recognised in Tasmania only, the certificate isn’t portable interstate. The course has been developed in conjunction with Electricity Standards & Safety (ESS).
- Funding assistance may be available from the Tasmanian Building & Construction Industry Training Board (TBCITB) for those that qualify under eligibility criteria. For more information see the TBCITB website.
TO ENROL AND BOOK OVER THE PHONE USING A CREDIT CARD CALL 1300 655 307
FOR ALL PHONE ENROLMENTS – PROOF OF IDENTITY, ONE OF THE FOLLOWING MUST BE PROVIDED BEFORE ANY ENROLMENT CAN PROCEED.
This can be any of the following:
- Drivers Licence No.
- Medicare No.
- Passport No.
When attending a campus you must bring your proof of ID with you.
Please Note: Courses will run subject to reaching minimum class numbers. Payment confirms your place in a class.
Campbell Street Campus, Level 5
2 days – 8am to 4pm
- 19 & 26 May 2017
- 2 & 9 June 2017
- 31 July & 7 August 2017
- 11 & 18 August 2017
- 8 & 15 September 2017
- 22 & 29 September 2017
- 13 & 20 November 2017
- 17 & 24 November 2017
Alanvale Campus, Block B
2 days – 8.30am to 4.30pm
- 22 & 23 May 2017
- 26 & 27 June 2017
- 21 & 22 August 2017
- 25 & 26 September 2017
- 6 & 7 November 2017
- 11 & 12 December 2017
Burnie Campus, D Block
2 days – 8am to 4pm
- 5 & 9 June 2017
- 18 & 25 August 2017
- 16 & 20 October 2017
- 28 November & 1 December 2017
2017: $385 per person
Course prices for single employer groups are negotiable.
A Statement of Attendance for selected unit.