TASMSS0103 Training and Assessment Skill Update
The TASMSS0103 – Training and Assessment Skill Update is designed for those people who hold the TAE40110 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment and are updating to meet the new credential requirements.
In July 2017, an amendment to the training and assessment credential requirements in the Standards for RTOs 2015 was released. The amendment focused on aligning the standards with the Training and Education (TAE) Training Package.
These changes were implemented to ensure that the VET workforce has appropriate skills in designing and developing assessment tools and identifying and evaluating LLN requirements.
To support these requirements, all trainers and assessors who do not hold the relevant units will have until 1 April 2019 to meet the new credential requirements.
To meet the new standards for RTOs, you are required to:
1. Hold TAE40116 (or higher level qualification in Adult Education)
2. Hold TAE40110 and one of the following:
(i) TAELLN411 Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills or its successor
(ii) TAELLN401A Address adult language, literacy and numeracy skills
AND one of the following:
(iii) TAEASS502 Design and develop assessment tools
(iv) TAEASS502A Design and develop assessment tools
(v) TAEASS502B Design and develop assessment tools.
This information gives you an overview, including how the program will be delivered and assessed. Those entering this program must be able to provide verifiable evidence of their TAE40110 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification.
This course may lead to the following career opportunities:
- Employment with a private training organisation
- In a workplace or industry context
- An independent training contractor
- A TAFE institute
This course may be a pathway to further study. Related courses include:
Location, dates and times
- Next intake: 2019
- Duration: Full-time – 3 months, Part-time – 6 months
- Call us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
This course is delivered online.
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course. You will gather evidence required for the units within the Upgrade through a workplace or registered training organisation, using real work activities.
Examples of assessments for this course include:
- Written short answer
- Verbal questioning
- Portfolio of task based assessments
- Third party evidence
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
- Full Skill Set: Full Fee – $146 / Concession – $49
- With one CT (unit gained with TasTAFE): Full Fee – $73 / Concession – $24
- With one CT (unit gained externally with another RTO: Full Fee – $109.50 / Concession – $36.50
For fee and payment information relating to TasTAFE qualifications, please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
What will I need to bring?
Students will need to have:
- Access to a computer with Microsoft Office and an internet connection (TasTAFE has computer labs at regional campuses which are open for students to access during normal business hours).
- An email address.
- A memory stick or some kind of portable memory device.
Those entering this program must provide evidence of their TAE40110 – Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification, including the list of units completed.
Work Placements, Licensing and Other Requirements
You must have access to a workplace where you can refer to training and assessment policies and procedures.
Desirable Skills and Attributes
Effective language, communication, interpersonal and digital literacy skills are required for successful completion of this program. These skills will be used to complete the following guided tasks as part of your study:
- Using an online learning system (CANVAS)
- Research, reading and interpreting of national Training Packages (using the internet)
- Developing assessment tools
- Writing a range of documents
You will need to have sound information technology skills to:
- Send and receive emails
- Navigate online to undertake research
- Complete word processed documents and create simple presentations
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support.
Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
TASMSS0103 – Training and Assessment Skill Update
To achieve TASMSS0103 – Training and Assessment Skill Update two units must be completed. However, if you have achieved either of the units, a credit will be given for that unit.