Short Course Tasmanian Electrical Regulatory Requirements
The course covers the key regulatory requirements that provide for the safety and integrity of electrical installations in Tasmania. This includes the types and scope of electrical inspections and safety audits and the authority of electrical inspectors.
The following study areas are covered in the course:
- Legislation Background
- Tasmanian Electrical Safety Regulator (Administrator)
- Electrical Safety Inspection Service
- Regulatory Requirements and Obligations
This course is aimed at:
- Existing Tasmanian Electrical Contractors who need to update their knowledge of electrical regulatory requirements.
- Electrical Contractors licenced in another Australian State or Territory who need to understand the Tasmanian electrical regulatory requirements
This course is taken from the Nominated Managers (Electrical Contracting) course. Successful completion of this course can count towards the Nominated Managers (Electrical Contracting) course if the student enrols within 12 months of completion.
Location, Dates and Times
This is an eLearning product and after enrolment, study can happen anytime and anywhere a reliable internet connection is available.
YOU HAVE ONE YEAR TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE (it does not have to be a calendar year) i.e. October 2017 to October 2018
TO ENROL AND BOOK OVER THE PHONE USING A CREDIT CARD CALL 1300 655 307
Before commencing your enrolment over the phone:
- Please read the Privacy Notice and Student Declaration.
You will be asked to agree and consent before continuing with your enrolment.
For all phone enrolments – proof of identity (50 points) must be provided before any enrolment can proceed – see the list below – e.g.
- Birth Certificate (70 points),
- Passport (70 points),
- Driver’s Licence (40 points),
- Centrelink Concession Card (40 points)
- Financial Institution Card/s (40 points)
- Medicare Card (20 points)
This is a short course of nominally eight hours.
Please be aware that if you wish to continue into any further accredited study you will need a USI.
To create a USI, visit www.usi.gov.au and follow the prompts.
This course is delivered online.
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Examples of assessments for this course may include:
- The completion of four quizzes.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning page.
Please note, the Tasmanian electrical industry is undergoing a transition and so previous study and experience is very difficult to map across to this non-accredited course. Contact us for further details.
Fees and Payments
2019: $196 per person.
What will I need to bring?
An internet enabled device and a reliable internet connection are required for this eLearning course.
Participants must have one of the following, current practitioners licences:
- Electrical Practitioner’s Licence –sometimes known as an ‘A’ Grade Licence or Unrestricted Electrical Licence
- Nominated Managers Licence- sometimes known as the Tasmanian Electrical Contractor’s Licence
- Electrical Contractor’s Licence or equivalent, issued by another Australian State or Territory
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available at our Student Support Services page.
This is a commercial, non-accredited course.
There are eight CPD points available for eligible candidates.