Short Course Tasmanian Electrical Regulatory Requirements
The course covers the key regulatory requirements that provide for the safety and integrity of electrical installations in Tasmania. This includes the types and scope of electrical inspections and safety audits and the authority of electrical inspectors.
The following study areas are covered in the course:
- Legislation Background
- Tasmanian Electrical Safety Regulator (Administrator)
- Electrical Safety Inspection Service
- Regulatory Requirements and Obligations
This course is aimed at:
- Existing Tasmanian Electrical Contractors who need to update their knowledge of electrical regulatory requirements.
- Electrical Contractors licenced in another Australian State or Territory who need to understand the Tasmanian electrical regulatory requirements
Dates and Times
This is an eLearning product and after enrolment, study can happen anytime and anywhere a reliable internet connection is available.
YOU HAVE ONE YEAR TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE (it does not have to be a calendar year) i.e. October 2017 to October 2018
TO ENROL AND BOOK OVER THE PHONE USING A CREDIT CARD CALL 1300 655 307
Before commencing your enrolment over the phone:
- Please read the Privacy Notice and Student Declaration.
You will be asked to agree and consent before continuing with your enrolment.
For all phone enrolments – proof of identity (50 points) must be provided before any enrolment can proceed – see the list below – e.g.
- Birth Certificate (70 points),
- Passport (70 points),
- Driver’s Licence (40 points),
- Centrelink Concession Card (40 points)
- Financial Institution Card/s (40 points)
- Medicare Card (20 points)
Payment confirms your place in a class.
This is a short course of nominally eight hours.
A student is allocated 12 months to complete the course. Contact your teacher if you are experiencing difficulty in logging in or with course content.
Assessment is by successful completion of four quizzes included in the course.
The Tasmanian electrical industry is undergoing a transition and so previous study and experience is very difficult to map across to this non-accredited course. Contact us for details.
This course is taken from the Nominated Managers (Electrical Contracting) course. Successful completion of this course can count towards the Nominated Managers (Electrical Contracting) course if the student enrols within 12 months of completion.
Resources and Equipment
An internet enabled device and a reliable internet connection are required for this eLearning product
Fees and Payments
Full course fee is $190 per person
Participants must have either of the following, current, Practitioners Licences:
- Electrical Practitioner’s Licence –sometimes known as an ‘A’ Grade Licence or Unrestricted Electrical Licence
- Nominated Managers Licence- sometimes known as the Tasmanian Electrical Contractor’s Licence
- Electrical Contractor’s Licence or equivalent, issued by another Australian State or Territory
This is a commercial, non-accredited course.
There are eight CPD points available for eligible candidates.