Short Course Operate elevating work platform
Elevated work platform training is tailored specifically to the equipment you are being trained in and operate. For example to obtain a Competency Card for Operate elevating work platform you must complete modules in the theory training and practical section. If you require a boom type competency this will be additional training
The course provides duty of care training to help you to comply with the Workplace Health & Safety Act 2011. It assists you to provide a safer working environment for all employees and contractors, which helps you to avoid accidents on your worksite and damage to your equipment.
Participants will gain theoretical knowledge and practical skills in:
- Hazard identification, risk assessment and controls
- Fall arrest harness inspection, fitting and use
- Identifying safe operating parameters using data plate and manual
- Conducting pre and post operational checks
- Operation of EWPr
- Emergency procedures
- Theory assessment and practical observation and demonstration
The Competency Card training course takes 3-5 hours, depending upon group size and prior knowledge and experience.
The HRW (WP) licence is required to operate boom lifts above 11 metres. The HRW license DOES NOT covers the operation of scissor or vertical lifts.
What Training or License’s do I Require?
- Scissor Lift – Competency Card covers all size scissor lifts (electric and diesel)
- Vertical Lift – Competency Card covers all size vertical lifts
- Boom Lift – Competency Card covers boom lifts up to 11 metre platform height (electric and diesel)
- Boom Lift – HRW (WP) License covers boom lifts above 11 metre platform height (electric and diesel)
Dates and Times
PLEASE NOTE: Courses will only proceed with sufficient numbers. Register early as places are limited!
Minimum number is 6 and Maximum number in a group is 8
- 9 February 2018
- 25 May 2018
- 7 September 2018
- 30 November 2018
- On site Assessment or Group Training
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
2018: $320 per person
Participants must be at least 17 years of age and comply with the requirements outlined in the EWPA Associations guidelines.
Participants MUST wear protective work wear (safety helmet, safety boots) for the practical assessment. These need to be supplied by the student.
Ability to read and correctly interpret complex signage; speak clearly and unambiguously in English; and to explain, describe and verify sometimes complex needs and issues. Writing is required to the level of completing workplace forms.
- Statement of Attainment RIIHAN301D Operate elevating work platform
- TasTAFE Competency Card RIIHAN301D Operate elevating work platform