Short Course Provide Responsible Gambling Services
Gambling in Tasmania is regulated under the provisions of the Gaming Control Act 1993 .
Employees working in the gaming industry are required to hold the appropriate licence and, in some cases, undertake prescribed training courses. Full details of these requirements and an explanation of the relevant licences can be found at https://www.treasury.tas.gov.au/liquor-and-gaming
This course gives participants the skills and knowledge required to satisfy Tasmanian legislative requirements and associated Codes of Practice.
Participants will learn:
- To provide responsible gambling services.
- To provide information and assistance to customers.
To gain a relevant Special Employee’s Licence:
- Step 1: Apply to the Department of Treasury and Finance, Liquor and Gaming Branch for a Special Employee Licence (a Special Employee is a person employed by a casino, hotel or club to undertake specific gaming duties, such as operating keno or attending to gaming machines). Go to Special Employee Licence Online
- Step 2: Contact Network Gaming to undertake Keno Writer and Gaming Machine Attendant Training – (03) 6225 7994 or NGenrolments@networkgaming.com.au
- Step 3: Complete SITHGAM001 Provide responsible gambling services course. Once completed and you have received your Statement of Attainment, forward a copy of this to the Department of Treasury and Finance, Liquor and Gaming Branch. This must occur within 3 months of you being licensed, or your licence may be suspended.
SITHGAM001 Provide responsible gambling services is a prerequisite stipulated by Network Gaming and is a legal requirement of the Tasmanian Liquor and Gaming Commission under the Gaming Control Act 1993.
Further information is available at the Department of Treasury and Finance, Liquor and Gaming Branch website.
Location, Dates and Times
TO ENROL OVER THE PHONE USING A CREDIT CARD PHONE 1300 655 307
Before commencing your enrolment over the phone:
- Please read the Privacy Notice and Student Declaration.
You will be asked to agree and consent before continuing with your enrolment.
- USI – You will be asked to provide your Unique Student Identifier at the time of enrolment.
For more information on how to create a USI go to https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/usi/
When attending a campus you must bring your proof of ID with you.
Drysdale Campus – Tuesdays, 5.30pm to 9.30pm
- 4 December 2018
Courses will run subject to reaching minimum class numbers.
This course is delivered on campus.
Please note, no further enrolments are currently being taken for the online delivery of this course. Please check back soon for further updates.
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Examples of assessments for this course may include;
- Written short answer
- Written assignments
- Quizzes/multiple choice
- Observations on the job and/or in a simulated assessment environment
Recognition of Prior Learning
Recognition is not available for this course due to licensing requirements.
Fees and Payments
2018 – $95 per person. A concession rate is not available for this course.
For further fee and payment information visit www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
What will I need to bring?
- Pencil or pen
- Proof of ID
You must be 18 years of age or over. Students wishing to work in licensed venues in states other than Tasmania are advised to check with State Licensing Authorities as to the acceptance of this qualification issued from Tasmania.
Work Placements, Licensing and Other Requirements
Successful completion of this course can result in the participant fulfilling the requirements for their Special Employee Licence. A copy of the Statement of Attainment must be forwarded to the Department of Treasury and Finance, Liquor and Gaming Branch within 3 months of you being licensed, or your licence may be suspended
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
A Statement of Attainment for the unit successfully completed.
To achieve a Statement of Attainment, one unit must be successfully completed.