Short Course Optical Fibre / Structured Cabling / Coaxial
This short course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to install and test optical fibre cable on customer premises for communications applications.
All customer cabling work in the telecommunications, fire, security and data industries must be performed by a registered cabler.
Successful completion of this course provides the results to apply for an Optic Fibre endorsement to an Open Cabling Registration (OCR). All OCR holders must attain Optic Fibre, Structured and Coaxial endorsements.
Location, Dates and Times
- Optical Fibre – 3 days – Dates and times to be confirmed
- Coaxial – 2 evenings, Mondays – 6pm to 9pm – Dates to be confirmed
- Structured Cabling – 2 evenings, Tuesday & Thursday – 6pm to 9pm – Dates to be confirmed
Venue: Block B, Alanvale Campus, 54a Alanvale Road, Newnham
- Requirements: Notebook and pen
- Call us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning page.
Fees and Payments
- ICTCBL302 – Install and terminate optical fibre cable on customer premises
2019: $720 per person (including materials levy) A concession rate is not available for this course.
- ICTCBL303 – Install and terminate coaxial cable
2019: $210 per person (including materials levy) A concession rate is not available for this course.
- ICTCBL301 – Install, terminate and certify structured cabling installation
2019: $790 per person (including materials levy) A concession rate is not available for this course.
Funding assistance is available from the Tasmanian Building & Construction Training Board (TBCITB) for those that qualify under eligibility criteria.
For more information visit TBCITB Website.
Open Cabling Registration (OCR) Licence.
All cablers require the following endorsements:
- Optical Fibre Endorsement
- Structured Cabling Endorsement
- Coaxial Endorsement
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available at our Student Support Services page.
A Statement of Attainment for the units successfully completed.