FPIHAR2206B Operate a Mobile Chipper/Mulcher
This short course will provide participants with the practical skills and knowledge to safely use a mobile chipper/mulcher. Skills and knowledge gained:
- Applicable Commonwealth, State or Territory legislation for operating a mobile chipper/mulcher.
- Environmental protection requirements, including the safe disposal of waste material and the cleaning of plant, tools and equipment.
- Organisational and site standards, requirements, policies and procedures for operating a mobile chipper/mulcher.
- Characteristics of trees and timber defects.
- Chipping/mulching procedures.
- Mobile chipper/mulcher operation and safety.
- Chipper/mulcher condition assessment
- Social/community benefit of uses for chipped/mulched timber.
- Problem identification and resolution strategies and common fault finding techniques.
- Types of tools and equipment and procedures for their use, operation and maintenance.
- Appropriate mathematical procedures for estimating and measuring, including calculating time to complete tasks.
Dates and Times
As this short course is conducted in the workplace please contact us to discuss your training requirements.
2018 – To be advised
Statement of Attainment for selected unit listed below.