Short Course Operate a Mobile Chipper/Mulcher
This short course will provide participants with the practical skills and knowledge to safely use a mobile chipper/mulcher. Skills and knowledge gained:
- Applicable Commonwealth, State or Territory legislation for operating a mobile chipper/mulcher.
- Environmental protection requirements, including the safe disposal of waste material and the cleaning of plant, tools and equipment.
- Organisational and site standards, requirements, policies and procedures for operating a mobile chipper/mulcher.
- Characteristics of trees and timber defects.
- Chipping/mulching procedures.
- Mobile chipper/mulcher operation and safety.
- Chipper/mulcher condition assessment
- Social/community benefit of uses for chipped/mulched timber.
- Problem identification and resolution strategies and common fault finding techniques.
- Types of tools and equipment and procedures for their use, operation and maintenance.
- Appropriate mathematical procedures for estimating and measuring, including calculating time to complete tasks.
Location, Dates and Times
As this short course is conducted in the workplace please contact us to discuss your training requirements.
This course is delivered in the workplace.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster. For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
2019 – To be advised
For further fee and payment information visit www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
There are no essential requirements for this course.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
A Statement of Attainment for the units successfully completed.