Plumbing Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
This course is part of the TasTAFE Plumbing CPD program. You must be a certified licenced plumber to undertake this course.
Head to our Plumbing CPD page to view other courses available at TasTAFE.
Sizing residential eaves gutters and downpipes using NCC Vol 2 CPD Course
Course overviewBack to Plumbing & Electrical
- Short course
- Commercial $ 195.00
- Fees & payment guide
Please note: The course overview is intended as a guide only. Not all courses are available at all locations or through all study types and attendance options. Please check Locations, Dates and Times below or enquire for further information.
This is a three-hour course that includes the following:
- Compliance requirements of the Building Act 2016
- Roofing plumbing requirements within the Plumbing Code of Australia (free copy of PCA provided) and link to the residential DTS solution within NCC Vol II
- Interpretation of the DTS solution from NCC Vol II
- Acceptable Construction Practice 3.5.3
- Determination of regional rainfall intensity
- Catchment areas per downpipe, size of downpipes and location
- Clarification of commonly misunderstood ‘12m rule’ and proximity of d/pipes to valley gutters
- Calculation of continuous overflow measures and dedicated overflow devices