Apprenticeships and Traineeships Miscellaneous
Australian Apprenticeships are a great way to combine training and employment in a structured and supported way. They can lead to a nationally recognised qualification and give you a head start in your chosen career.
TasTAFE offers the following apprenticeship and traineeship training:
- CSC30115 Certificate III in Correctional Practice
- ICP31415 Certificate III in Print Communications
- MST30816 Certificate III in Applied Fashion Design And Technology
Where to from here?
Key steps in securing an apprenticeship are:
- Choosing a career area that suits your interests, abilities and ambitions.
- Understanding how apprenticeships work (see links below).
- Finding an employer willing to employ you as an apprentice.
- Understand how apprenticeships work (see links below).
- Discuss your plans with an Apprentice Network Provider (ANP) (previously known as an Apprenticeship Centre).
- Select an apprentice.
- Work with an ANP to set up a formal Contract of Training for your apprentice between your business and your apprentice(s) involving a Registering Training Organisation of your choice.
For more information and advice on all aspects of Australian Apprenticeships, contact your local Apprenticeship Network provider or call the Australian Apprenticeships referral line on 13 38 73. Apprenticeship Network providers are contracted by the Australian Government to provide free Australian Apprenticeships support services to apprentices and employers. If you are a school student thinking of starting an Australian Apprenticeship while still at school, your school careers adviser should be your first point of call for information on Australian Apprenticeships. Useful Links: