TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
This nationally recognised course is designed to assist employers and employees in understanding the characteristics, hazards and legislative requirements needed to shift loads using manual handling methods. The course is a balanced mix of theory content and class participation. Assessment consists of written responses to questions and observation of practical skills.
Participants will learn:
- Assessing risks associated with the relocation of loads when manually lifting and handling materials and goods and related precautions to control the risk including the load on the spine during lifting.
- Planning load relocation including; postures and positions during lifting; work layout; the type, weight and position of the load; frequency of shifting operations; distance over which load is to be shifted; and time allowed for the shifting of the load.
- Relocating loads.
- Relevant OH&S procedures and guidelines concerning the manual lifting and movement of loads.
- Workplace procedures and policies for manual handling.
- Housekeeping standards procedures required in the workplace.
Location, dates and times
- Burnie Campus – 8am to 12noon
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
- Please Note: Courses will only proceed with sufficient numbers
This course is delivered on campus.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster. For further details please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning page.
Fees and Payments
2019: $110 per person. A concession rate is not available for this course.
Course prices for single employer groups are negotiable.
Funding assistance is available from the Tasmanian Building & Construction Training Board (TBCITB) for those that qualify under eligibility criteria. For more information visit TBCITB Website.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available at our Student Support Services page.
A Statement of Attainment for the units successfully completed, and a TasTAFE Competency Card