Short Course WHS Managers and Supervisors
Work Health and Safety (WHS) is about ensuring safe and healthy working conditions, and preventing illness and injury in the workplace. This course introduces participants to the legislative requirements of the employer and employee, and to the preventative nature of workplace health and safety. Participants will gain the skills needed to describe the legal framework and strategies that act to safeguard workplace health and safety and to conduct workplace hazard inspections.
Participants will learn:
- About elements of WHS legislation.
- About consultation.
- About provision of WHS training.
- To perform basic risk management.
- To complete an introduction to incident investigation.
- To perform WHS record keeping.
Courses will run subject to reaching minimum class numbers.
Campbell Street Campus
- 13 November 2018
- Dates to be advised
- 15 November 2018
Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
You must be employed or have access to an organisation to conduct an on-the-job project.
2018: $300 per person
Course prices for single employer groups are negotiable.
A Statement of Attendance or, if you choose to be assessed and complete a workplace project, a Statement of Attainment.
Work Health and Safety units delivered are:
- BSBWHS401 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements
- BSBWHS501 Ensure a safe workplace