Short Course Issue Work Permits
Participants will learn how to conduct a thorough risk assessment of a work area or given scenario. They will then identify the correct permit system to be raised, understand the limitations of each permit and issue the correct permit. Types of permits include: cold work, excavation, minor repairs, vehicle entry, working at heights, hot work and confined space.
Participants will learn:
- To identify the need for a work permit.
- How to prepare a work site appropriately.
- How to raise and issue work permits correctly.
- To receive end of day reports.
- About compliance monitoring.
- How to close work permits.
Location, dates and times
Register as early as places are limited. Maximum number in a group is 12.
- May be delivered in the South, by negotiation only
- Next Intake: 2018
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning page.
Fees and Payments
2019: Price on Application
Course prices for single employer groups are negotiable.
What will I need to bring?
Participants will need to wear appropriate personal protective equipment and footwear.
You must have successfully completed ‘Confined Space Entry’ short course, including units of competence:
- MSAPMPER200C – Work in Accordance with an Issued Permit
- MSMPMPER202A – Observe Permit Work
- MSAPMPER205B – Enter Confined Space
- MSAPMOHS200A – Work Safely
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available at our Student Support Services page.
A Statement of Attainment for the units successfully completed.