Short Course Introduction to Nursing
This program has been structured to present an introduction to working in the health care sector with a focus on entering the nursing profession through the HLT54115 – Diploma of Nursing.
TASMSS0072 Introduction to Nursing
This course assists students to develop their skills and understanding in support of progressing to the Diploma of Nursing or another Health related area such as Aged and disability support work. It provides additional learning support in areas such as ‘writing assessment responses’ and ‘basic mathematical calculations’.
- People wishing to develop their study skills prior to undertaking the HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing
- People who would like to work in Health & Aged Care Services industry
- People who are looking for a career change in this area
This course may lead to the following career opportunities:
- Extended Care Assistant. Employees regularly seek out students who have completed this Certificate.
This course may be a pathway to further study. Related courses include:
- CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support
- CHC43415 Certificate IV in Leisure and Health
- HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing
Please note, successful completion of this course does not guarantee a place in the HLT54115 Diploma of Nursing.
Location, dates and times
- Next Intake: February 2020
- Duration: 3 days per week, Monday, Tuesday & Thursday – 9am to 3pm
- Venue: Clarence Campus, 4a Bounty Street, Warrane
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
- Next Intake: 22 July 2019 – 26 November 2019
- Duration: 2 days per week, Monday on campus, 9.30am – 3pm, Tuesday – Online
Information and Application Session
Following the information and application session the enrolment day will be on Thursday, 4 July 2019.
|Burnie||Monday, 24 June 2019 10am
Room F1.08, F Block, 41 Mooreville Road, Burnie
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning page.
Fees and Payments
Full Fee: $504
Concession Fee: $167.98
For further fee and payment information visit our Fees and Payment page.
Applicants must attend an Information and Application session whereby they are required to undertake a written application.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available at our Student Support Services page.
A Statement of Attainment for the units successfully completed.