Skill Set Introduction to Health
The Introduction to Health program would suit people:
- wishing to develop their study skills prior to undertaking further study
- who would like to work in Health & Aged Care Services Industry
- who are looking for a career change
This Skill Set
- exposes the student to a select group of skills required to perform tasks in a health care context.
- Provides students with insight into the health sector.
- Includes hands on, practical training and exposure to Industry with Practical placement visits.
On completion of this course you may wish to gain further relevant qualifications. These include:
- CHC33015 – Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Disability or Home & Community Care)
- HLT54115 – Diploma of Nursing
Dates and Times
- Next Intake: 7 March – 26 September 2018
- Duration: 1 day per week – Wednesday – 9.30am to 3pm
- Venue: B Block Devonport Campus, 20 Valley Road, Devonport
- Next Intake: 9 February – 14 September 2018
- Duration: 1 day per week – Friday – 9.30am to 3pm
- Venue: F Block, Burnie Campus, Mooreville Road, Burnie
- Wednesday 17th January 2018 – 10am OR 6pm
- Devonport Venue: B Block, Devonport Campus, 20 Valley Road, Devonport
- Burnie Venue: Room F1.08, F Block, Burnie Campus, Mooreville Road, Burnie
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register for a session
Students need only attend 1 session which will run for approximately 2 hours.
Please bring a copy of your resume and copies of any relevant documents to support your application. Please do not bring original documents.
Please bring a pen.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
plus Mental Health First Aid: $200 (optional)
Total Cost: $715.84
Students will achieve a Statement of Attainment for successfully completed units.
To achieve this skill set students must complete all assessment requirements for individual units in addition to the evidence portfolio.
This Skill Set contains 7 units across the Community Services, Business Services and Health training packages, as listed below.