Short Course Instrumentation Workshops
Practical Process Control and Tuning of Industrial Control Loops – for Engineers, Technicians and Operators
TasTAFE will be running a series of instrumentation workshops to assist industry meet their training needs.
The first is a 3-day practical workshop for engineers, technicians and operators working in a process control environment.
Who should attend:
- Instrumentation & Control Engineers
- Process Control Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers & Technicians
- Instrumentation and Electrical technicians
- System Integrators
- Operators monitoring & controlling processes
- Installation & Maintenance technicians
This 3-day practical workshop is designed to train engineers, technicians and operators working in a process control environment, in the fundamental procedures for the tuning of Industrial Control Loops. The workshop covers fundamental principles and practical loop tuning exercises.
At the end of this workshop, participants will have the skills to setup, troubleshoot and tune a wide variety of process control loops.
The course can be offered subject to a minimum of 5 course participants.
- Workshop Dates: 2018 (Dates to be advised) – 8am to 4.30pm
- Contact us to register your interest in a workshop.
Participants will learn how to:
- Apply the fundamentals of Process Control
- Setup PID feedback control loops
- Troubleshoot tuning problems
- Apply open and closed loop PID tuning rules effectively
- Setup cascade control systems
Throughout the workshop, participants will reinforce and apply the concepts learnt through hands-on exercises using physical process plant test-rigs for flow, level, temperature and pressure control loops.
When participants have completed this workshop they will:
- Understand the fundamentals of Process Control
- Process Control terminology
- Flow, level, temperature & pressure control loop characteristics
- Be able to tune a PID controller in a loop using commonly accepted methods of Open and Closed Loop Tuning:
- Be able to apply step-by-step descriptions of several field-proven tuning procedures
- Know the typical procedures for troubleshooting tuning problems
- Be able to select the right combination of P+I+D controller actions to suit process requirements.
- Be able to handle problems such as process lags & dead time, valve hysteresis, and non-linearities.
2018: $1,300 per person
This is not an advanced process control course.
Basic electrical concepts and some knowledge of instrumentation would be beneficial.