Apprenticeships and Traineeships Food Processing and Wine
Australian Apprenticeships are a great way to combine training and employment in a structured and supported way. They can lead to a nationally recognised qualification and give you a head start in your chosen career.
TasTAFE offers the following apprenticeship and traineeship training in the Food Processing and Wine Industries:
- AMP20116 Certificate II in Meat Processing (Meat Retailing)
- AMP20116 Certificate II in Meat Processing (Food Services)
- AMP30216 Certificate III in Meat Processing (Food Services)
- AMP30516 Certificate III in Meat Processing (Slaughtering)
- AMP30815 Certificate III in Meat Processing (Retail Butcher)
- FDF20111 Certificate II in Food Processing
- FBP30117 Certificate III in Food Processing
- FDF20411 Certificate II in Wine Industry Operations
- FDF30411 Certificate III in Wine Industry Operations
Where to from here?
Key steps in securing an apprenticeship are:
- Choosing a career area that suits your interests, abilities and ambitions.
- Understanding how apprenticeships work (see links below).
- Finding an employer willing to employ you as an apprentice.
- Understand how apprenticeships work (see links below).
- Discuss your plans with an Apprentice Network Provider (ANP) (previously known as an Apprenticeship Centre).
- Select an apprentice.
- Work with an ANP to set up a formal Contract of Training for your apprentice between your business and your apprentice(s) involving a Registering Training Organisation of your choice.
For more information and advice on all aspects of Australian Apprenticeships, contact your local Apprenticeship Network provider or call the Australian Apprenticeships referral line on 13 38 73. Apprenticeship Network providers are contracted by the Australian Government to provide free Australian Apprenticeships support services to apprentices and employers.
If you are a school student thinking of starting an Australian Apprenticeship while still at school, your school careers adviser should be your first point of call for information on Australian Apprenticeships.
- The Australian Apprenticeships Pathways website.
- The Australian Apprenticeships careers website.
- The TasTAFE Apprenticeships website.