Short Course First Aid
This nationally accredited two day short course ((HLTAID003 Provide First Aid) provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty/s, the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance, in a range of settings, including the community and the workplace.
This includes first aid management of a range of conditions (including anaphylaxis, bleeding, unconsciousness and fractures) and gives participants knowledge and skills related to calling for assistance, casualty assessment, decision-making and basic life support including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
This course covers adult and child conditions.
NOTE: If you only require HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, you can attend the first day of the 2 day course.
- 30 & 31 October 2017 – Monday & Tuesday – 9am to 4pm
- 30 November & 1 December 2017 – Thursday & Friday – 9am to 4pm
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) 2 day workshops will also be offered at the Clarence Campus. Dates are available on the Mental Health First Aid page.
Launceston Campus (City) – Thursday & Friday. 9.30am to 4.30pm
NOTE: If you only require HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, you can attend the first day of the 2 day course
- 9 & 10 November 2017
Devonport Campus – Thursday & Friday, 9am to 4pm
- 7 & 8 November 2017
Burnie Campus – Thursday & Friday, 9am to 4pm
- 26 & 27 October 2017
Devonport & Burnie Campuses – Refresher Training
- If you only require ‘HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation’, you can attend the first day of the 2 day course.
- Unit – ‘HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support’ – is also provided.
- Contact the North West Team for further information.
- $180 – Cost of 2 day course (course prices for single employer groups are negotiable).
- $100 – Cost of ‘HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation’ unit only
- $90 – Cost of ‘HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support’ unit only
Statement of Attainment in the nationally accredited unit:
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation