Short Course First Aid
This nationally accredited two day short course ((HLTAID003 Provide First Aid) provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of casualty/s, the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance, in a range of settings, including the community and the workplace.
This includes first aid management of a range of conditions (including anaphylaxis, bleeding, unconsciousness and fractures) and gives participants knowledge and skills related to calling for assistance, casualty assessment, decision-making and basic life support including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
This course covers adult and child conditions.
Clarence Campus – 9am to 4pm
NOTE: If you only require ‘HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation’, you can attend the first day of the 2 day course.
- 5 & 6 March 2018
- 14 & 15 May 2018
- 23 & 24 July 2018
- 29 & 30 October 2018
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) 2 day workshops will also be offered at the Clarence Campus. Dates are available on the Mental Health First Aid page.
Launceston Campus (City) – 2 days, 9.30am to 4.30pm
- 2018 dates to be advised
Devonport Campus – Monday & Tuesday, 9am to 4pm
- 26 & 27 March 2018
- 18 & 19 June 2018
- 20 & 21 August 2018
- 19 & 20 November 2018
Burnie Campus – Monday & Tuesday, 9am to 4pm
- 26 & 27 February 2018
- 30 April & 1 May 2018
- 23 & 24 July 2018
- 22 & 23 October 2018
Devonport & Burnie Campuses – Refresher Training
- ‘HLTAID003’ and ‘HLTAID004’ are delivered over the 2 days
- ‘HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation’ and ‘HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support’ are delivered on the first day of the 2 day course.
- Contact the North West Team for further information.
- $180 – Cost of 2 day course (course prices for single employer groups are negotiable).
- $100 – Cost of ‘HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation’ unit only
- $90 – Cost of ‘HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support’ unit only
Statement of Attainment in the nationally accredited unit:
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation