Short Course First Aid
This nationally accredited two day short course, HLTAID003 Provide First Aid provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to provide first aid response, life support, management of the casualty/s, the incident and other first aiders, until the arrival of medical or other assistance, in a range of settings, including the community and the workplace.
This includes first aid management of a range of conditions, including anaphylaxis, bleeding, unconsciousness and fractures, and gives participants knowledge and skills related to calling for assistance, casualty assessment, decision-making and basic life support including cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR).
This course covers both adult and child conditions.
Location, dates and times
TO ENROL (FOR A FACE TO FACE CLASS) OVER THE PHONE USING A CREDIT CARD PHONE 1300 655 307 – SOUTH ONLY
Before commencing your enrolment over the phone:
- Please read the Privacy Notice and Student Declaration.
You will be asked to agree and consent before continuing with your enrolment.
- USI – You will be asked to provide your Unique Student Identifier at the time of enrolment.
For more information on how to create a USI go to https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/usi/
When attending a campus you must bring your proof of ID with you. Payment confirms your place in a class.
Clarence Campus – 2 days, Thursday & Friday, 9am to 4pm – Room H1.02
- 11 & 12 April 2019
- 16 & 17 May 2019
- 25 & 26 July 2019
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA)- two day workshops will also be offered at the Clarence Campus. Dates are available on the Mental Health First Aid page.
NOTE: If you only require HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation CPR, you can attend the first day of the two day course. Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest in this unit.
Launceston Campus (City) – 2 days, Tuesday & Thursday – 9am to 4pm
NOTE: If you only require ‘HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation’ CPR, you can attend the first day of the 2 day course.
- 5 & 7 March 2019
- 7 & 9 May 2019
Devonport Campus – 2 days, 9am to 4pm
- 11 & 12 April 2019
- 6 & 7 June 2019
- 19 & 20 September 2019
Burnie Campus – 2 days, 9am to 4pm
- 7 & 8 March 2019
- 9 & 10 May 2019
- 8 & 9 July 2019
- 17 & 18 October 2019
Devonport & Burnie Campuses
- HLTAID003 – Provide first aid, and HLTAID004 – Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting, are delivered over the 2 days
- HLTAID001 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation, and HLTAID002 – Provide basic emergency life support, are delivered on the first day of the 2 day course.
This course is delivered on campus.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
- 2019: $190 – Cost of 2 day course (course prices for single employer groups are negotiable).
- 2019: $110 – Cost of HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation unit only
- 2019: To be advised – Cost of HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support unit only
For further fee and payment information visit www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
There are no essential requirements for this course.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
A Statement of Attainment for the units successfully completed.
- HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
- HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID001 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID004 Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting