Skill Set Farm Skills
Do you enjoy working outdoors?
Or are you interested in a career in growing and harvesting the primary produce essential to our everyday lives?
The agriculture industry is hands-on, practical, and just calling out for enthusiastic, hardworking individuals who want to work in a range of diverse and rapidly changing environments. This course provides the skills and knowledge required to safely carry out many tasks commonly undertaken on farms. All training is underpinned by WHS principles and legislative requirements.
Dates and Times
George Town Community Hub
- Course Dates: 26 October – 24 November 2017
- Duration: 2 days per week, Thursday & Friday
- Venue: George Town Community Hub, 12 Elizabeth Street, George Town
- Cost: Nil. This program is subsidised by Skills Tasmania Fund
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
Your suitability and support needs will be evaluated during a conversation with one of our staff and/or by answering some written questions. This will help us to determine what, if any, additional support may be needed or to provide you with further career path advice.
As part of this training will be held at the Trade Training Centre you will be required have your Working with Vulnerable People (WWVP) registration. Further details of how to apply for this will be provided when you express interest in the course. TasTAFE will re-reimburse all students enrolled in the course for the cost of applying for this registration.
Resources and Equipment
To enrol in this course, you will need to supply the following:
- paper and pen
- suitable work clothes
- safety boots and suitable sun hat
Skill Set: Units from AHC20110 Certificate II in Agriculture
- AHCOHS201A Participate in OHS processes
- AHCWRK206A Observe enterprise quality assurance procedures
- AHCCHM201A Apply chemicals under supervision
- AHCARB205A Operate and maintain chainsaws
- AHCMOM212A Operate quad bikes
- AHCPHT202A Carry out canopy maintenance