TLILIC2005 Licence to operate a boom type elevating work platform (boom length 11 metres or more)
Licence to operate a boom type elevating work platform is designed to provide participants with the underpinning knowledge and skills to operate a boom type elevated work platform (11 metres or more in length) safely. It will prepare the participant for a National High Risk Work Licence (boom type elevated work platform) issued by Workplace Standards Tasmania. Participants will learn:
- How to perform pre-operation checks
- About site job planning
- How to set up, operate and shut down elevated work platforms
Successful participants are able to apply for National High Risk Work Licence (boom type elevated work platform) as issued by Workplace Standards Tasmania under the Work Health and Safety Act 2012.
Funding assistance is available from the Tasmanian Building & Construction Training Board (TBCITB) for those that qualify under eligibility criteria. For more information visit tbcitb.com.au.
This Licence is valid for 5 years and will then require renewal. See below:
- You’ll need to renew your licence every 5 years. WorkSafe Tasmania will post you a renewal notice, to the address you have registered with us.
- If you do not receive your renewed licence within 60 days of your application, you’ll need to call WorkSafe.
- You cannot perform high risk work while your licence has expired.
- Re-assessment is required if you do not renew your licence within this 12 months.
PLEASE NOTE: Register early as places are limited! Maximum number in a group is 6
2 days, 8am to 4pm
F Block, Clarence Campus, Bounty Street, Warrane
- No dates are currently scheduled
- Call 1300 655 307 to register your interest
2 days – Wednesday & Thursday, 8am to 4pm
I Block, Alanvale Campus, Alanvale Road, Newnham
- 22 & 23 March 2018
- 1 & 2 May 2018
- 14 & 15 June 2018
- 7 & 8 August 2018
- 20 & 21 September 2018
- 17 & 18 October 2018
2 days – 8am to 4pm
D Block, Burnie Campus, Mooreville Road, Burnie
- 9 & 10 April 2018
- 7 & 8 May 2018
- 12 & 13 June 2018
- 3 & 4 September 2018
- 3 & 4 October 2018
Call 1300 655 307 to register your interest.
2018: $535 per person
This does not include the licence fee payable upon successful completion at Service Tasmania.
Course prices for single employer groups are negotiable.
Participants must be from 18 years of age and comply with the requirements outlined in the application for high risk work (GF083) published by Workplace Standards Tasmania and have a satisfactory level of literacy and numeracy.
You MUST wear protective work wear (safety boots and Hi Vis clothing) for the practical assessment. These need to be supplied by the student.
Statement of Attainment for unit listed below and an Interim Licence to Perform High Risk Work (boom type elevated work platform).