UEENEEG175A Electrical Contracting (Nominated Managers Course)
This online course provides participants with the skills and knowledge required to develop plans and policies to ensure regulatory requirements are met when conducting an electrical contracting business. On successful completion of this course participants can then apply to Workplace Standards Tasmania for an Electrical Contractors Licence. This course provides participants with the skills and knowledge to comply with:
- Electrical business regulations;
- Regulatory requirements for ensuring the safety and integrity of electrical installations;
- General requirements for the supply of electricity;
- Supply and metering requirements;
- Acceptable arrangement of switchgear and controlgear;
- Acceptable earthing methods and arrangements;
- Implementation of Work Health and Safety workplace procedures and practices including the use of risk control measures;
- Sustainable energy principles and practices
Location, dates and times
Our flexible, online training provides the opportunity to gain a nationally recognised unit in the home or workplace, without the need to attend classes.
You should allow around 90 hours of structured/mentored learning to achieve competency in this unit.
YOU HAVE ONE YEAR TO COMPLETE THIS COURSE (it does not have to be a calendar year) i.e. August 2018 – August 2019
TO ENROL AND BOOK OVER THE PHONE USING A CREDIT CARD CALL 1300 655 307
Before commencing your enrolment over the phone:
- Please read the Privacy Notice and Student Declaration.
You will be asked to agree and consent before continuing with your enrolment.
- USI – You will be asked to provide your Unique Student Identifier at the time of enrolment.
For more information on how to create a USI go to our USI Information Page.
Payment confirms your place in the course.
This course is delivered online.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning page.
Fees and Payments
2019: $930 per person. A concession rate is not available for this course.
Participants in this course MUST present proof of a current Electrical Practitioner’s Licence, to address the following pre-requisite unit:
- UEENEEE101A – Apply Work Health and Safety regulations, codes and practices in the workplace.
Please note: The Electrical Practitioner’s Licence is sometimes known as the ‘A’ Grade Licence or Unrestricted Electrical Licence.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available at our Student Support Services page.
A Statement of Attainment for the units successfully completed.