Short Course Electrical Competency Assessment (ECA)
The Electrical Competency Assessment (ECA) is a commercial TasTAFE course and a non-accredited training product.
The training product is for the following candidates:
- Tasmanian Electrical Practitioner’s License holder whose licence has lapsed in excess of 3 years
- An overseas trained electrical technician who has completed an Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR) and Gap Training for ECA
Candidates are usually recommended to TasTAFE by Consumer, Building and Occupational Services (CBOS) who issue the Electrical Practitioners Licence in Tasmania
Location, Dates and Times
- A candidate can enrol at any time. A workbook is then made available to the candidate for home study.
- The candidate has access via phone and email to an Electrotechnology teacher for study advice and assistance.
- After the candidate has completed the workbook, a four day block of training is undertaken.
- Training blocks are scheduled through the year at the three TasTAFE Electrotechnology facilities at Hobart, Alanvale and Burnie.
- Contact TasTAFE on 1300 655 307 for scheduling details.
This course is delivered on campus.
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster. For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
2018: $848 per person
For further fee and payment information visit www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/