Short Course Electrical Competency Assessment (ECA)
The Electrical Competency Assessment (ECA) is a commercial TasTAFE course and a non-accredited training product.
The training product is for the following candidates:
- Tasmanian Electrical Practitioner’s License holder whose licence has lapsed in excess of 3 years
- An overseas trained electrical technician who has completed an Offshore Technical Skills Record (OTSR) and Gap Training for ECA
Please call us for clarification.
- A candidate can enrol at any time. A workbook is then made available to the candidate for home study
- The candidate has access via phone and email to an Electrotechnology teacher for study advice and assistance
- After the candidate has completed the workbook, a four day block of training is undertaken
- Training blocks are scheduled through the year at the three TasTAFE Electrotechnology facilities at Hobart, Alanvale and Burnie
- Contact TasTAFE on 1300 655 307 for scheduling details
The candidate would normally be recommended to TasTAFE by Consumer, Building and Occupational Services (CBOS) who issue the Electrical Practitioners Licence in Tasmania
2018: $848 per person
The training block includes skills and knowledge assessments
This training product is part of the process to gain an Electrical Practitioner’s Licence for the above candidates