CUA51015 Diploma of Screen and Media (Interactive Media)
The CUA51015 Diploma of Screen & Media (Interactive Media) offers students the chance to specialise in Front-End Development/ Design. The focus is on web/mobile design and addresses industry’s need for graduates equipped with skills and knowledge of the latest technology and trends.
The CUA51015 Diploma of Screen & Media is offered as a full-time course and uses in-class and online resources and work placement to deliver a range of learning and assessment scenarios.
To access the most up to date information about this qualification, go to http://training.gov.au
This course may lead to the following career opportunities:
- Front-End Designer
- Front End Developer
- eCommerce Designer/Developer
- Mobile App Designer
This course may be a pathway to further study. Related courses include:
- For graduates looking at further study at University, typically this Diploma will contribute to the first year of a 3yr Bachelor Degree. It varies according to the course and University so contact the University for clarification.
Location, dates and times
- Next Intake: 4 February to December 2020
- Duration: 37 weeks
- Contact us on 1300 655 307
- Next Intake: February 2020
- Contact us on 1300 655 307
This course is delivered on campus (Alanvale only) and online (state wide).
On Campus, students will have access to PC computer lab and teaching staff Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday.
On line, students are required to have their own computer (mac or PC that meets Adobe Creative Cloud minimum specifications) access to the internet and the latest Adobe Creative Cloud licence.
Students may access the TasTAFE Campus libraries through the library booking system. Access to a TasTAFE computer lab may be arranged through your teacher once the course has started, this is likely to be limited and should not replace use of own computer.
The online mode is an effective solution for people to study remotely and those with commitments such as parenting, full or part-time work. For those studying whilst working, please recognise that there is a commitment of approximately 18hours a week required to complete the course within the given timeframe.
All resources such as course information, channels of communication, learning and assessment tasks are delivered using TasTAFE’s Canvas Learning Management System. Learning and Assessment is conducted using a combination of self-paced tutorials, research tasks and practical projects.
Progress is monitored through the Canvas’s Calendar tool, supported by automatic notifications of course activity, such as due dates, marked task feedback or group announcements.
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Examples of assessments for this course may include;
- Role play scenarios
- Presentations to client /colleagues
- Projects published to your own server
- Observations on the job and/or in a simulated assessment environment
- Screen recording / capture to demonstrate competence
- Project documentation/ correspondence with client
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to our Recognition of Prior Learning page.
Fees and Payments
For further fee and payment information visit our Fees and Payment page.
What will I need to bring?
Students will need to provide the following:
- Their own server space. Typically a plan around $10AUD per month that offers an unlimited number of sites, Cpanel, unlimited number of MySQL databases, 20GgB space, one free SSL certificate, mail server, and 24/7 help desk support.
- A 4G capable smart phone for testing/ development with a 2-8GgB monthly plan suitable for tethering/ portable hotspot.
- Access to open source apps such as MS Visual Studio Code for html, css, js and php development, Greenshot for screen capture, OBS for screen recording and MS Office or equivalent for document creation.
- Adobe CC Suite is provided on-campus. Students may elect to install the suite on their own device however it is not compulsory to do so.
Are there ‘other’ costs?
No other fees or costs.
To enrol in this course you will need to have successfully completed ICT40315 Certificate IV in Web Technology, or be able to demonstrate relevant industry experience and foundation skills and knowledge that aligns with CUA51015 Diploma outcomes.
Desirable Skills and Attributes
The following skills and attributes will be useful to students studying this course:
- Completion of ICT40315 Certificate IV in Web Based Technology
- A desire to develop a project(s) within a Front-End Design/Development scenario
- A desire to develop a project(s) within the mobile space
An interview process will be conducted to discuss study options and ascertain if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available at the student support page.
CUA51015 Diploma of Screen & Media
To achieve a CUA51013 Diploma of Screen & Media 15 units must be successfully completed. These include three core units plus twelve electives. Electives are suggested based on industry and/or employer consultation.