AHC50416 Diploma of Horticulture
AHC50416 Diploma of Horticulture is part of the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package. It reflects the role of those who manage amenity horticultural enterprises where a range of skills and knowledge across the breadth of the industry is required or personnel working in horticulture at a level requiring higher technical skills.
The AHC50416 Diploma of Horticulture reflects the role of those who manage amenity horticultural enterprises where a range of skills and knowledge across the breadth of the industry is required or personnel working in horticulture at a level requiring higher technical skills.
This qualification would suit:
- People currently working in horticulture at a supervisory level and wanting to gain a qualification
- People who have completed some units of the AHC50416 – Diploma of Horticulture and now wanting the entire qualification
- People wishing to progress their career in the horticulture sector
- People who need to gain skills to satisfy various industry licensing requirements.
This course may lead to the following career opportunities:
- Senior Horticulturist
- Parks and Garden Manager
- Horticulture Enterprise Manager
Locations, dates and times
- Rolling Intake
- Flexible Delivery – you are expected to be employed in industry
- Next Intake: 16 September 2019 (subject to numbers)
- Duration: Flexible delivery
- Rolling Intake
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
The course is delivered with flexible arrangements negotiated with the students and their employer where appropriate. This involves a blend of face to face tutorials and assessments with independent, self-directed learning and assessment tasks.
Depending on learning and assessment needs, it is expected the full AHC50416 Diploma in Horticulture could be completed within two to four years. With recognition of prior learning the time to complete could be less.
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Examples of assessments for this course may include:
- Observation / demonstration
- Diary records
- Training records
- Third party testimonial
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For fee and payment information relating to TasTAFE qualifications, please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Eligible Diploma and Advanced Diploma students who are unable to pay tuition fees up front are able to defer fees under the VET Student Loans scheme. Further details are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/vetstudentloans/
Students must satisfy a foundation skill assessment.
Desirable Skills and Attributes
The following skills and attributes will be useful to students studying this course:
- Reasonable health and fitness
- Able to recognise chemical labels, safety symbols and complete basic documentation about the application of chemicals, or have the ability to develop these skills during the course
Find out if this is the right course for you by participating in a discussion with a teacher.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
AHC50416 Diploma of Horticulture.
To achieve a AHC50416 Diploma of Horticulture, 10 elective units must be completed.
Elective units may include:
- AHCPCM501 Diagnose plant health problems
- AHCPCM402 Develop a soil health and plant nutrition program
- AHCWRK503 Prepare reports
- AHCIRG503 Design irrigation, drainage and water treatment systems
- CUAACD302 Produce computer-aided drawings
- AHCWRK509 Provide specialist advice to clients
- AHCPCM502 Collect and classify plants