AHC50116 Diploma of Agriculture
Develop your career with high-level Diplomas courses at TasTAFE. Our training is practical and relevant and you’ll walk away with real world skills for today’s agriculture sector.
AHC50116 Diploma of Agriculture is part of the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package.
This course is for people who are currently working in the rural industry and wish to gain a qualification. You could complete the full AHC50116 – Diploma of Agriculture within two (2) years. Depending on you and your employer’s needs, learning may be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both.
The AHC50116 Diploma of Agriculture reflects the role of personnel working on farms who manage enterprise production units and employees, and sole operators of agribusinesses who provide crop production advice and services to production enterprises. This qualification may be accessed by direct entry.
Location, dates and times
- You can enrol and start at any time. We will work with you to determine a training and assessment plan that best suits your needs. At your workplace, and if required, at the Clarence, Alanvale or Burnie campuses.
- Rolling Intake
- Duration: varies depending on units selected, predominately on the job.
- Venue: H Block, Alanvale Campus, Alanvale Road, Newnham
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
- You must either be employed in industry or have access to a property to complete the practical component of training
- Next Intake: To be advised
- Venue: E Block, Mooreville Road, Burnie
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
Training delivery strategies (on or off-the-job) may include a combination of any of the following (one-on-one and/or small groups):
Theory sessions in a classroom setting including discussion
DVDs and Videos
Assessments are designed to help you demonstrate your skills and knowledge. They allow us to confirm you can perform to the standard required in the workplace, to meet all of the requirements of the course.
Examples of assessments for this course may include:
- Knowledge assessments requiring short answer responses – Responses can be given verbally or in writing
- Projects (group or individual) involving research and/or practical activities
- Portfolio of work undertaken in the workplace e.g. photographic and other media evidence
- Work health and safety procedures must be adhered to at all times
Recognition of Prior Learning
It makes sense that you should be recognised for the things you already know how to do. TasTAFE can assess your skills and knowledge based on your previous education, work history or life experience. This may help you gain your qualification a whole lot faster.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For fee and payment information relating to TasTAFE qualifications, please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
Eligible Diploma and Advanced Diploma students who are unable to pay tuition fees up front are able to defer fees under the VET Student Loans scheme. Further details are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/vetstudentloans/
- AHC40116 – Certificate IV in Agriculture, or able to demonstrate competence at that level.
- There are no entry requirements for this course.
Those participating in this course would have extensive experience in rural occupations. In the operation of farms or related rural businesses either as owners or managers. In large part these are successful enterprises that have coped and adapted to changing circumstances in the rural sector over the last decade and more.
Contact us today to find out if this is the right course for you.
TasTAFE’s enrolment and orientation process provides information about our resources, services and support. Further details relating to Student Support Services are available here https://www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/current/student-support/
AHC50116 – Diploma of Agriculture
This qualification includes successful completion of ten (10) elective units.
Contact the Team for a full list of units.