AHC50116 Diploma of Agriculture
Develop your career with high-level Diplomas courses at TasTAFE. Our training is practical and relevant and you’ll walk away with real world skills for today’s Agriculture sector.
AHC50116 Diploma of Agriculture is part of the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package.
This course is for people who are currently working in the Rural Industry and wish to gain a qualification. You could complete the full AHC50116 Diploma of Agriculture within two (2) years. Depending on you and your employer’s needs, learning may be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both.
The AHC50116 Diploma of Agriculture reflects the role of personnel working on farms who manage enterprise production units and employees, and sole operators of agribusinesses who provide crop production advice and services to production enterprises. This qualification may be accessed by direct entry.
Students who successfully complete the qualification are encouraged to consider pursuing other qualifications in Agriculture or a related area, such as Rural Business Management or advance to tertiary study at university.
Dates and Times
- You can enrol and start at any time. We will work with you to determine a training and assessment plan that best suits your needs. At your workplace, and if required, at the Clarence, Alanvale or Burnie campuses.
- Rolling Intake
- Duration: varies depending on units selected, predominately on the job.
- Information Session: Monday, 26 November 2018 – 11am – 12pm
- Venue: Room H1.15, H Block, Alanvale Campus, Alanvale Road, Newnham
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
- You must either be employed in industry or have access to a property to complete the practical component of training
- Next Intake: To be advised
- Information Session: 26 – 30 November, 2018: Open Foyer, anytime between 10am – 4pm.
- Venue: E Block, Mooreville Road, Burnie
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
Training delivery strategies (on or off-the-job) may include a combination of any of the following (one-on-one and/or small groups):
Theory sessions in a classroom setting including discussion.
DVDs and Videos
- underpinning knowledge assessment requiring short answer responses – Responses can be given verbally or in writing.
- projects (group or individual) involving research and/or practical activities.
- portfolio of work undertaken in the workplace e.g. photographic and other media evidence.
- Occupational health and safety procedures must be adhered to at all times.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
For further details on Fees and Payments please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/fees-and-payments/
- AHC40116 Certificate IV in Agriculture or able to demonstrate competence at that level.
- There are no entry requirements for this course.
Those participating in this course would have extensive experience in rural occupations. In the operation of farms or related rural businesses either as owners or managers. In large part these are successful enterprises that have coped and adapted to changing circumstances in the rural sector over the last decade and more.
This qualification includes successful completion of ten (10) elective units.
Contact the Team for a full list of units.