AHC50110 Diploma of Agriculture
AHC50110 Diploma of Agriculture is part of the Agriculture, Horticulture and Conservation and Land Management Training Package.
This course is for people who are currently working in the Rural Industry and wish to gain a qualification. You could complete the full Diploma of Agriculture within two (2) years. Depending on you and your employer’s needs, learning may be on-the-job, off-the-job or a combination of both.
The Diploma of Agriculture reflects the role of personnel working on farms who manage enterprise production units and employees, and sole operators of agribusinesses who provide crop production advice and services to production enterprises. This qualification may be accessed by direct entry.
Students who successfully complete the qualification are encouraged to consider pursuing other qualifications e.g. Advanced Diploma in Agriculture or a related area, such as Rural Business Management or advance to tertiary study at university.
Dates and Times
- You can enrol and start at any time. We will work with you to determine a training and assessment plan that best suits your needs.
At your workplace, and if required, at the Clarence, Alanvale or Burnie campuses.
- Next Intake: 2018
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to express your interest
- Next Intake: 2018
- Contact us on 1300 655 307 to register your interest
Training delivery strategies (on or off-the-job) may include a combination of any of the following (one-on-one and/or small groups):
Theory sessions in a classroom setting including discussion.
DVDs and Videos
- underpinning knowledge assessment requiring short answer responses – Responses can be given verbally or in writing.
- projects (group or individual) involving research and/or practical activities.
- portfolio of work undertaken in the workplace e.g. photographic and other media evidence.
- Occupational health and safety procedures must be adhered to at all times.
For further details please refer to www.tastafe.tas.edu.au/future/recognition/
Fees and Payments
- Certificate IV in Agriculture or able to demonstrate competence at that level.
- There are no entry requirements for this course.
Those participating in this course would have extensive experience in rural occupations. In the operation of farms or related rural businesses either as owners or managers. In large part these are successful enterprises that have coped and adapted to changing circumstances in the rural sector over the last decade and more.
This qualification includes successful completion of ten (10) elective units comprising of:
- a minimum of five (5) units from elective Group A
- a minimun of three (3) units must come from elective Groups A or B
- a maximum of two (2) units may be selected from units aligned to Certificate IV, Diploma or Advanced Diploma in AHC10 or from any other currently endorsed Training Package or accredited course. Selected units must be relevant to job outcomes in agriculture.
“At Freer Farm it’s like one big family. They’re all really supportive and it’s a great place to be. If you’re struggling they really help you.” – Jarrod, Certificate III in Agriculture